WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 25): Zootopia 73.7M | London Has Fallen 21.71M | Deadpool 16.4M | WTF 7.6M

Zootopia:

~ Opening Day: $18.5 million 

~ Saturday: $28.1 - 29.6 million, +52% - 60

~ Sunday: $18.2 - 21.6 million, -27% - 35

~ Opening Weekend: $64.8 - 69.7 million

~ Second Weekend drop: -35% - 40 

~ Total domestic earnings: $226.8 - 261.3 million

~ Total overseas earnings: $350 - 450 million

~ Total worldwide earnings: $576.8 - 711.3 

• Like 2

So I went to go see Zootopia and I loved it a lot more than I was expecting too. I definitely get the good reviews. I wonder if this will get snubbed for a best animated picture nomination like lego Movie was lol 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 3

Also this gives me hope that Moana will be awesome. Cuz that's the one I'm really excited for.  Hopefully it's not an Inside Out-Good Dinosaur situation. The early buzz has been positive though. 

Edited by ban1o

2 minutes ago, ban1o said:

So I went to go see Zootopia and I loved it a lot more than I was expecting too. I definitely get the good reviews. I wonder if this will get snubbed for a best animated picture nomination like lego Movie was lol 

Wouldn't surprise me since they did the same fucking thing to Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph (It should have won compared to Brave and all of the other nominees that year)! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

Wouldn't surprise me since they did the same fucking thing to Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph (It should have won compared to Brave and all of the other nominees that year)! 

Tangled was weird, but it was also in a 3-movie year. WiR's did get a nomination, though. It's loss for the actual award isn't the same as what happened to LEGO.

LEGO's snub makes sense. The animation branch isn't particularly favorable towards mid-budget computer animated films, budget-wise. The only one that's gotten a nomination in the past 5 years is DM2.

Edited by DamienRoc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack Nevada said:

Hope they play this in LHF when shit starts blowing up

My favorite thing about Neighbors was completely forgetting this song ever existed for about 7-8 years and then when Rose Byrne kisses that girl, it just goes "OH SNAP"

And everything came rushing back. And I laughed for about 5 minutes.

17 minutes ago, MrPink said:

My favorite thing about Neighbors was completely forgetting this song ever existed for about 7-8 years and then when Rose Byrne kisses that girl, it just goes "OH SNAP"

And everything came rushing back. And I laughed for about 5 minutes.

It's one of the worst songs ever.

• Like 2

KFP3 got a 73.7% bump on Saturday but with smaller numbers.

I think Zootopia thanks to it's wom can do 65% even with bigger numbers.

18 + 29.7(+65%) + 20.8 (-30%) = 68.5m

70m is very much on.

18 + 30.5(+69.4%) + 21.5 (-29.5%) = 70m

High expectations => Metldown based on DHD => Meltdown Canceled

1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

SONY is making a deal with the disgruntled Ghostbuster fans, "stop disliking the Ghostbusters trailer on YouTube and we'll greenlight a Venom movie, deal???" 

But nobody really wants a Venom movie either.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

London does 23-25 million OW. That's ok but not amazing. Zootopia will have hold up well for a kids film and make decent $$$.

I don;'t think London will hit 10 mill on Saturday....more like 9.  So maybe a 21-22 weekend.