WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 25): Zootopia 73.7M | London Has Fallen 21.71M | Deadpool 16.4M | WTF 7.6M

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

All this talk about 2006 caused me to revisit the guru archives.... what a bizarre year at the box office and some of the grosses remind me of just how much inflation has changed perceptions... 

Made for some good memories of Kal and the Supes V Pirates battles on MOJO 

LOLOL oh Jesus. :lol:

Remember Movie_Foam, who joined the site and tried to reinforce his own set of rules by saying "VIOLATION OF REMINDER #8" as if anything was going to happen? llllmmmmaaaaaoooo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

LOLOL oh Jesus. :lol:

Remember Movie_Foam, who joined the site and tried to reinforce his own set of rules by saying "VIOLATION OF REMINDER #8" as if anything was going to happen? llllmmmmaaaaaoooo

Lol 

So many memories..... that was the summer that I followed box office in earnest after casually following and participating the previous 2 years. 

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Lol 

So many memories..... that was the summer that I followed box office in earnest after casually following and participating the previous 2 years. 

Same here. I officially became a member of the BOM community the week Poseidon bombed. Crazy to think that was now 10 years ago.

• Like 1

I first joined the second day of Jurassic World's $208 million opening weekend! I've been tracking since Frozen, but after seeing Jurassic World's opening day, I HAD to get an account! :D

Edited by Arlo245
  • Like 5

last 5 animated features I saw in theaters...ooooh that's a toughie:

-Anomalisa

-Inside Out

-BH6

-Despicable Me

-Toy Story 3

I just...can't stand the viewing experience with a ton of kids screaming, which always seems to happen when I go.

Sidenote: SW7 looking good to get over $940m. Still an outside shot at top 10 all time DOM adjusted. Just need to scrounge together a stable March of ~1.5 mil weeks, 1 mil weekends. #hope #changewecanbelievein

I was the only one in my screening of Zootopia and I'm kind of conflicted. On one hand I hate annoying kids as much as anyone but on the other a group experience is part of the appeal of going to the theater so I would like at least some sort of other receptive audience there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Same here. I officially became a member of the BOM community the week Poseidon bombed. Crazy to think that was now 10 years ago.

I joined for the sole purpose of joining the Zootopia $300 million club.

• Like 3

Shit, you newbies.  I remember when I got first all fired up about box office.

It was circa...1994.  Too bad 1995 wasn't that impressive for box office, but I was learning.  And young.

Back then, I was just a junkie for the calendar section of the LA Times.  It's all I had.  Thanks Mom and Dad for saving that part of the paper for me.