Mockingjay Raphael

WEEKEND THREAD | B.O numbers Page 28: Final Divergent movie opens at $29m, Zoo: $38m

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Shut up! I can't wait to see Marvel being humiliated next week, I'm a HUGE Marvel fan, but I can't handle two humiliations in a row, first, A2 being destroyed by F7 last year, now, CW being killed by BVS, I'm definitely leaving the fandom once that CW ends being a disappointment  https://i.imgur.com/

CW won't disappoint, fans are already lowballing it with $175M+ OW predictions, there's not way an Avengers movie will open that low...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Cinderella jumped 61.4% off a 111% Friday jump.  Zootopia jumped about 112% so around 60% seems to be the target. 

Same w/e multiplier as Cinderella takes it to $35.6m

Considering ZOOTP has had amazing Sunday drops, 36m+ could happen. It needs 36.24m to touch 200m. Disney could well give it that estimate anyway for the headlines.

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Deadline is getting worse by the day as it tries to report earlier than the competition and starts pulling numbers out of it's behind.

BoxOffice.com has it at a more reasonable 11.7m but their multipliers for Zootopia and Deadpool seem very generous (especially DP since the multiplier is about the same as last w/e)

1 Zootopia $40,000,000 -22% 3,959 132 $10,104 $203,765,497 3 Disney
2 The Divergent Series: Allegiant $29,000,000 -- 3,740 -- $7,754 $29,000,000 1 Lionsgate / Summit
3 10 Cloverfield Lane $11,700,000 -53% 3,427 36 $3,414 $44,376,639 2 Paramount
4 Deadpool $8,100,000 -26% 2,924 -407 $2,770 $341,041,383 6 Fox
5 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot $2,600,000 -44% 2,079 -334 $1,251 $19,070,840 3 Paramount

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Considering ZOOTP has had amazing Sunday drops, 36m+ could happen. It needs 36.24m to touch 200m. Disney could well give it that estimate anyway for the headlines.

It also might have abetter Sat jump since it's been having better ones than Cinderella up to this point.

13 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Cinderella jumped 61.4% off a 111% Friday jump.  Zootopia jumped about 112% so around 60% seems to be the target. 

Same w/e multiplier as Cinderella takes it to $35.6m

Considering that was Cindya 2nd weekend and that live action is not compatible I'm surprised you used it. Now the same weekend last year saw a 55% increase for Cindy and the comparable weekends for Lorax and Rango were in the 45-50% range hence my prediction. 

You are right though - high end is 35m or so. 

Just now, a2knet said:

29-30m ow, 70-75m dom => Disaster

I think its OW will be higher than expected just like Friday, I'm predicting $32-34M and with good word of mouth I expect AT LEAST the same multiple as Insurgent's, so $80-85M. It will face competition from BVS but it will have better WOM, so...

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Considering that was Cindya 2nd weekend and that live action is not compatible I'm surprised you used it. Now the same weekend last year saw a 55% increase for Cindy and the comparable weekends for Lorax and Rango were in the 45-50% range hence my prediction. 

You are right though - high end is 35m or so. 

I used the same week since it's when Spring Break started and it affected weekdays and w/es.

Zootopia is already showing it just has better legs than Rango and Lorax.  Even using Cindy I'm using it as a base level since Zootopia has had bigger Saturday increases than Cindy showed during any point in it's run.

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I think its OW will be higher than expected just like Friday, I'm predicting $32-34M and with good word of mouth I expect AT LEAST the same multiple as Insurgent's, so $80-85M. It will face competition from BVS but it will have better WOM, so...

Still a disaster.

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I used the same week since it's when Spring Break started and it affected weekdays and w/es.

Zootopia is already showing it just has better legs than Rango and Lorax.  Even using Cindy I'm using it as a base level since Zootopia has had bigger Saturday increases than Cindy showed during any point in it's run.

But again you can't use Cindy as a comparison. It's a live action film that did not play like a family film - as evidenced by the terrible Friday holds throughout its run. It's setting yourself up for bad comparisons (over estimates) all along the way. 

And better legs don't mean that Rango and Lorax shouldn't be used for pattern basis. Of course Zoo is doing better and it will continue to do better because it is its own unique film. But use common sense in making comparisons please....

And again if I am wrong I will be glad to admit it.

25 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Not at Allegiant earning more than the $10M projections and slaying Zootopia, lol. Looks like I was right all along.

Now let's watch it have better holds than Insurgent :popcorn: 

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

CW won't disappoint, fans are already lowballing it with $175M+ OW predictions, there's not way an Avengers movie will open that low...

Somebody needs to tell the local zoo that one of their trolls went on the loose. Might take hours for sane society to hold the chaos off.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1