CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates (The Grey - 20M; One for the Money - 11.8M; Man on a Ledge - 8.3M)

I just noticed -- there seems to be a big goof with Underworld 4's estimates. If you add up the daily estimates, you get ~$11.6M, not the $12.5M weekend estimate. So unless the problem is actually with the daily numbers, Underworld 4 is almost guaranteed to have a big drop when the actuals come in, even if the 21.4% Sunday drop turns out to be accurate.

• Like 1

I just noticed -- there seems to be a big goof with Underworld 4's estimates. If you add up the daily estimates, you get ~$11.6M, not the $12.5M weekend estimate. So unless the problem is actually with the daily numbers, Underworld 4 is almost guaranteed to have a big drop when the actuals come in, even if the 21.4% Sunday drop turns out to be accurate.

$11.6 mio sounds about right.

So January had a $20m opener every weekend! Very nice for a "traditional dumping ground" of movies.Underworld is going to have a nice second weekend with anything over $10m frankly. Sure I'd love for $12.5m to stand but even $11 is great based on the franchises history.Thanks to my Regal Reward Card I got a free movie and Contraband was the recipient of that this afternoon. Wanted to see Kate's other January movie and Whalberg is someone I like so it was win-win. Lucky bastard got to kiss her.

Neeson is a box office star of the midlevel kind but still he's consistent and that's impressive. The Grey's premise is a tough sell so this OW is really good.

Edited by forg

So January had a $20m opener every weekend! Very nice for a "traditional dumping ground" of movies.

I think that when actuals come in, The Grey will be under 20M.

Impressive for The Grey, and most films hold well. Man on the Ledge is disappointing, Worthington can't carry a film with a regular marketing campaign, he has no draw power.

Impressive for The Grey, and most films hold well. Man on the Ledge is disappointing, Worthington can't carry a film with a regular marketing campaign, he has no draw power.

Yeah, not a star. Not a household name either, which is surprising considering Avatar, Clash, and Terminator... Zoe Saldana is probably a more recognizable name to regular Americans and her real face wasn't even in Avatar.