Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

2 hours ago, Ariana said:

It's understandable. TFA made a bad impression on Chinese audiences, just like BvS and DCEU. I don't expect Ro1 and Ep8 can earn more than TFA did.

RO may only earn 50% of what TFA did.

Ep8 won’t drop. TFA did mixed more like AOU(both of them 7.1/10 on fans website Douban). Many fans were annoyed that Cap protected Barkey after he knew Tony’s parents were killed by his best friends, and some audience can’t understand the complex relationships between so many people(My parents asked me why Barkey won’t get old after 20 years, they didn’t know Cap and Barkey are WWII soldier). Ep8 still have hope if the story can be more friendly to audience who don’t know much about SW.

Edited by Gavin Feng
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gavin Feng said:

Ep8 won’t drop. TFA did mixed more like AOU(both of them 7.1/10 on fans website Douban). Many fans were annoyed that Cap protected Barkey after he knew Tony’s parents were killed by his best friends. Ep8 still have hope if the story can be more friendly to audience who don’t know much about SW.

When is the winter holidays for school kids in China?

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

Ep8 won’t drop. TFA did mixed more like AOU(both of them 7.1/10 on fans website Douban). Many fans were annoyed that Cap protected Barkey after he knew Tony’s parents were killed by his best friends, and some audience can’t understand the complex relationships between so many people(My parents asked me why Barkey won’t get old after 20 years, they didn’t know Cap and Barkey are WWII soldier). Ep8 still have hope if the story can be more friendly to audience who don’t know much about SW.

Oh, it's great to hear that, so far I've only chatted with some Chinese fangirls on tumblr and they said that they're only rooting for ReyxKylo (as i remember, they named that couple Reylo) and don't care about the others. Well i mean SW franchise has more elements than just ...Rey and Kylo but they're only interested in that couple...  :sadben:

Edited by Ariana
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ariana said:

Oh, it's great to hear that, so far I've only chatted with some Chinese fangirls on tumblr and they said that they're only rooting for ReyxKylo (as i remember, they named that couple Reylo) and don't care about the others. Well i mean SW franchise has more elements than just ...Rey and Kylo but they're only interested in that couple...  :sadben:

Don't bother about the fangirls, a lot of them talk a lot on forums and online, but does nothing to support the box office.

I will rather look at word of mouth in China and see how it goes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ariana said:

That’s not bad. Many fans who watched MCU only care about Cap & Barkey(Winter-Shield Party) or Cap & Tony(Iron-Shield Party). Not only Team Cap or Iron but also fans were divided by Marvel in China after watching Civil War.

Edited by Gavin Feng
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Don't bother about the fangirls, a lot of them talk a lot on forums and online, but does nothing to support the box office.

I will rather look at word of mouth in China and see how it goes.

Oh, Chinese critics really hate it  :mellow:

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

Tell you guys a joke, someone said SW is a second-rate franchise in China.

In fact it is third-rate now.:sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben:

How do you define second-rate?

What box office number in yuan are we looking at? What films/franchise you think is considered to be 2nd rate? And if Rogue One beats it, it is considered 2nd rate right?

25 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

How do you define second-rate?

What box office number in yuan are we looking at? What films/franchise you think is considered to be 2nd rate? And if Rogue One beats it, it is considered 2nd rate right?

Pre-sale is the level of ST Beyond, which made ¥439m and ranked 33rd of 2016. In Domestic, 31-35 of 2016 —— Ride Along 2, Don’t Breathe, The Accountant, Teenage Mutant Ninga, The Purge.

¥439m won’t let RO be one of Top.35 in 2017 unless China box office drops. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Olive said:

Presales may lead to sub 50M OD, 400M yuan is questionable.

you never know. it could be more walk in driven. Didn't Apocalypse also looked bad with presales(I remember seeing sub 500m predictions at that point). But ended up grossing over 800m yuan despite warcraft taking away chunk of screens early.

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

you never know. it could be more walk in driven. Didn't Apocalypse also looked bad with presales(I remember seeing sub 500m predictions at that point). But ended up grossing over 800m yuan despite warcraft taking away chunk of screens early.

I gave a low prediction for Apocalypse’s total gross because of Warcraft.OD pre-sale was not that bad.:sadben:

On 03/01/2017 at 11:01 AM, Ariana said:

It's understandable. TFA made a bad impression on Chinese audiences, just like BvS and DCEU. I don't expect Ro1 and Ep8 can earn more than TFA did.

I don't expect it to make half of SW

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:48 PM, Olive said:

In Taiwan, Hacksaw Ridge beat the crap out of RO, I won't be surprised same thing happens in Mainland.

yup

5 hours ago, Olive said:

Presales may lead to sub 50M OD, 400M yuan is questionable.

looks like it

4 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

I gave a low prediction for Apocalypse’s total gross because of Warcraft.OD pre-sale was not that bad.:sadben:

XMA had decent WoM and held well against Warcrap

OD in the 40s unless they do an online discount as someone said. If so it will barely clear 300m and lose to STB and HR. As far as tentpoles go, its a 3rd rate number in China.  1B+ being a top performer, 600m-1B is mid line and 300m and change is bottom feeding, like T5 and Warcrap in domestic. However they are midline and top line here.

CA3         XMA         R1   PS x PS x
    multi   multi     multi   multi       CA3 m XMA m
PS 1am MN PS MN/PS OD PS OD/PS   MN MN/PS OD PS OD/PS   MN PS OD PS OD proj OD proj
Th 0.8 22.6 2.4 75.4       2.3 48.7   0.18 0.8 63.4 40.9
Fr 1.2 15.1 3.6 50.3       3.2 35.0   0.25 1.2 60.3 42.0
Sa 1.8 10.1 6.2 29.2       4.2 26.7   0.30 2.2 64.2 58.7
Su 2.1 8.6 8.1 22.3       4.9 22.9   0.57 2.7 59.2 60.6
Mo 2.8 6.5 11.9 15.2       6.2 18.1   0.65 3.1 47.2 56.0
Tu 3.5 5.2 16.3 11.1       9.0 12.4   0.73 3.7 41.1 46.0
We 4.8 3.8 25.4 7.1       11.1 10.1   0.90 4.9 34.9 49.4
Th 6.4 2.8 37.9 4.8       17.8 6.3   1.17 8.0 38.2 50.3
Fr(OD)     65.8 2.8       31.6 3.5          

MN 18.1       MN 7.6       MN 4 proj  
  OD 181       OD 112       OD 44 proj  
  OW 628       OW 386       OW 151 proj