CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

My ass could have been in the theater waiting for this to start right now :ohmyzod: 

batman sad

My excitement for this is strange. I'm going in with tempered expectations and expecting a decent movie but I'm too pumped, pretty similar to TDW

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frozen said:

What happened to Collide? I have nothing to see next weekend now.

I think it has something to do with the fact that it doesn't have a distributor. The next two weeks after BVS are pretty much dead.

Birmingham Alabama

BvS (most likely final count)

Thursday : 1 sellout / 40 showtimes

Friday : 0 sellout / 120 showtimes

SW:TFA

Thursday : 35 sellouts / 101 showtimes

Friday : 14 sellouts / 172 showtimes

Any talks of OW record should be forbidden (myself included), but reports from various people like me over the last 3 weeks should have been proof enough. 

• Like 2

Empire 25 has added a 5AM IMAX 3D showing wtf...

Empire 25(current or former biggest $$$ theater) has 42 showings.

4-5 sold out shows. However, the IMAX showings aren't sold out because Handicap Seating is still available.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My ass could have been in the theater waiting for this to start right now :ohmyzod: 

batman sad

My excitement for this is strange. I'm going in with tempered expectations and expecting a decent movie but I'm too pumped, pretty similar to TDW

When are you gonna see it?

SW7 opening weekend was actually depressed believe it or not by 10% I imagine. 

Its Opening Saturday could have easily been about 5-10 million dollars higher imo but was depressed due tot the time of the year and it being backloaded due to the Holidays. 

6 minutes ago, langer said:

Birmingham Alabama

BvS (most likely final count)

Thursday : 1 sellout / 40 showtimes

Friday : 0 sellout / 120 showtimes

SW:TFA

Thursday : 35 sellouts / 101 showtimes

Friday : 14 sellouts / 172 showtimes

Any talks of OW record should be forbidden (myself included), but reports from various people like me over the last 3 weeks should have been proof enough. 

Is anyone really talking about OW record? Not even excel did that. But 200m is still in the cards IMO.

6 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

How do you even know who saw it, put a bad rating, or a good rating, and who didn't see it, and did the same thing?!

It is a long established trend.

Movies start off very high by fanboys on IMDB and then as more ratings are added the score changes. The big decline of the score shows WOM looks to trend below MOS as MOS stayed above 8 on imdb past opening weekend. 

• Like 1