CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

I kind of liked it. Batfleck was great. WW was good in the doomsday fight. I did not mind Jessie Eisenberg as Luthor. He was at least not a clone of hackman/spacey. Cavill is better than MOS.

That being said its not good enough for a franchise building movie. Snyder needs to go. No way JL with him at helm should happen.

6 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

I just rendered from deadline article last week when it said 25 million presales of which 57% were for Thursday that means unaided with absolutely no walk ups or additional sales previews will be at around 13 million

5 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

14.25m

So including the preview preasales it added after that article + wallk-ups, tough to imagine the previews falling below 25m. These are 6pm previews on a partial holiday. 30m should happen and even that does not guarantee 175m.

30 + 56 + 50 + 36 = 172m

25m previews or less would rule of 170m+ unless TF ("True" Friday; can we use 'TF' to distinguish between full Friday and Friday without previews? We need a short word or acronym for that :) ) surprises.

6 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Ben hates this film, he had the same look at the premiere. 

Sad Batman memes were prophetic :P

3426108_910838.jpg

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

I can't wait for the numbers to start showing up.

It'll do two things. It'll shut the hell up to all haters once and for all or it will fuel more hatred towards the film and its BO potential.

Counting down the minutes...

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well, it'll never shut the haters up for the mere fact that you can't erase that abysmal RT Score..

If the movie is successful at the box office which is all it matters in this business, whoever brings RT score, hater or no hater will look like a fool.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Like I said, the chemistry between the actors seems polar opposite of how the cast is with The AVENGERS.. Like Affleck just doesn't want to be there and I suppose the reviews don't help either.. Wonder how Jimmy Kimmel will address this since he did nothing but pimp this movie out for weeks??? Perhaps if Matt Damon were in the movie, it'd be different???

Affleck's Simon Templar vs. Damon's Jason Bourne.

The Saint v Bourne. 

Using an interview where the interviewer asks the cast about poor reviews sure is a good indicator, Ben looks tired, that's it, doing a couple of weeks of promotion will do that to you, I'm sure he's bummed about the reviews but he said off the record that he's so proud of the film that it outweighs his personal problems, that's not just something you say for the kicks, it's far more personal and honest than just saying "ya know what? the movie's great man, it's just great".

Stop pitying him, or speculating that he feels the movie sucks and that he's ashamed to be in it. He said again yday that he's working on something with Geoff Johns which is clearly the Batman solo film, he's a Batman fan, has been for years like Kev Smith said it, for f***'s sake, he even has his sort of bat cave in his house. I've seen plenty of interviews where he was gleeful talking about the film. Of course, if you come in and wanna talk about negative reviews, you're not gonna just smile.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

If the movie is successful at the box office which is all it matters in this business, whoever brings RT score, hater or no hater will look like a fool.

Not really Spiderman 3 and X-men 3 were super hits but still derided? 

• Like 2

http://thelowdownunder.com/2016/03/25/batman-v-superman-mauls-3-3m-opening-day-in-australia/

Warner Bros. Pictures and Roadshow Films is delighted to report that BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE opened #1 at the Australian box office this Thursday, taking over $3.3 million on its opening day.

The blockbuster superhero clash, starring Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne and Henry Cavill as Superman/Clark Kent, has quickly surpassed recent box office hit DEADPOOL ($2.944 million) to become the biggest opening day in 2016. The film has also overtaken the opening day figures of 2015’s THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON ($2.949 million) and JURASSIC WORLD ($2.735 million).

• Like 5

I am in the minority. I am a person that likes all superhero movies. I want them all to do well, and I will be the first one to say the movie dissapointed or it will not live up to the hype.

But I am not this person who brings critic reviews to the table. I care less what these people have to say. I guess this business demand for them to see movie first and I am assuming they dont pay shi* for their tickets and generate buzz this way, positive or negative.

I loved that Transformers franchise did well and all movies were poorly reviewed. But studio and Michael Bay just laughed at the critics with a big "F U!" on their faces. They entertained who they needed to entertain.

Edited by VGPOP
  • Like 2