CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

29 minutes ago, AJG said:

Audience Score on RT is the lowest Ive seen for an atticipated big budget comic book movie on the day of release. 

My friend who manages a theater in my area said that there were two reactions to the film:

1). It's not as bad as the critics said it was.

2). Disappointment because the movie didn't live up to expectations. 

The average score for the film was a 6.5/10 in their survey. 

I think the biggest issue for the film is that it's been so hyped up for so long so when a person views it and it doesn't live up to their expectations then it's suddenly a terrible film. 

Lastly sales at his theater are equivalent to a $22M preview night. But he expects it to open up with more than that in terms of previews. He has it at $29M. He thinks Saturday and Sunday there will be significant drops. 

Just now, Heat Vision said:

Audience scores can't be trusted for this. DC fanboys are giving 6 stars and Marvel trolls are giving it the lowest rating. 

Law of large numbers make this less relevant over the weekend.

26 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Damn, 7:15 am and no numbers? What did we do to rth? We have forsaken him. He hath smited us with no estimates.

Don't we get preview numbers in a few hours? I seem to remember preview numbers reported around this time. 

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

In $AUD AOU opened to ~ $17m  w/e and JW$ 16m.  FF7 opened to 14.5. Deadpool to $14.84

Approx an 11 AUS to US ratio for AOU, 13 for JW,  and 10 for FF7 and 9 for DP

If BvS does $13-14.5m then  with the following ratios:

DP: $117 - $130.5

FF7: $130-145m

AOU: $143-$159m

JW:  $169-188.5m

what they are saying that BVS will have a higher weekend in australia than either AOU or JW did last year and a higher total than age of ultron guarenteed what is your point here

39 minutes ago, AJG said:

Audience Score on RT is the lowest Ive seen for an atticipated big budget comic book movie on the day of release. 

These scores tend to be heavily biased for fanboy driven and fanboy hated films. Do we even know those people have really watched the film? The same thing with IMDB. And I say this for both sides. There will be those who will grade it 10/10 and those who will give it a 1/10. Sometimes I wonder, would the audience score be the same if there weren't any critic scores? I have seen some people who had given it a high score and eventually lowered it down a bit. Why? Because they saw the critics' score? They are shy that they loved a movie that is rotten on RT? I don't understand these people. They don't have a mind of their own. If you love it, you love it. If you are not sure what grade to give, then give yourself time to digest things first instead of going gaga over it and changing your score later on.

Edited by kayumanggi

8 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

what they are saying that BVS will have a higher weekend in australia than either AOU or JW did last year and a higher total than age of ultron guarenteed what is your point here

Deadline said the opening day was higher but DeeCee is saying his projection is 13-14.5 AUS $ which would not be higher - I gather because it's OD is the start of a holiday w/e so is somewhat inflated -  and those are the numbers I used in my ratio projections/comparisons. 

Edited by TalismanRing

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

WB and DC are going to make a shitload of money through merchandising. BO seems to matter to us more than them :lol:. They will be fine either way.

yes it seems DCU will become the next TF Series, Low critic scores, polarized  reactions but make a ton of money.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Audience scores can't be trusted for this. DC fanboys are giving 6 stars and Marvel trolls are giving it the lowest rating. 

I understand your logic. I do. But how come when a Marvel movie comes out, it's audience score doesn't drop either? They're all really high. Wouldn't DC trolls give those movies the lowest rating? 

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Instead of spend the whole day checking audience score and creating fake accounts to help lower it, go to the cinema and check the real reactions from audiences yourself, everybody is loving the movie.

and Disney paid critics to hate the movie 

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Instead of spend the whole day checking audience score and creating fake accounts to help lower it, go to the cinema and check the real reactions from audiences yourself, everybody is loving the movie.

lol at people making accounts to make it lower. That invested, huh?

11 minutes ago, Bluebomb said:

1.067m opening day in Hong Kong. #3 opening day of all time...only the 3rd film to gross more than 1m on opening day and it did it with ease against Zootopia opening and Kung Fu Panda 3's 2nd weekend. :blink:

What are the other two films?