CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

ill go see BvS whenever im allowed to drive again and have time, but man I just have not cared for it. No idea why. I was super excited then after that Kimmel spot I was drained or something.

I cant explain it. Im usually so hyped for something like this, and its BATMAN, but I just cant get in that mood. Hopefully Snyder brings some goods though, I may not be too amped for the movie, but I am amped to see WW go all Injustice on fools.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

People forget how unique TDK is...

How many dark serious movies have become all time hits.

Most all time hits are films like TA JW or SW7.

Saying goes TDKR would do it easily again I think is unfair. 

Most people predicted it to drop from TDK total and it did. That said, it still sold a lot more tickets than any non-Joker Batman movie. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

It was always going to outgross Deadpool and it was always going to open big. Anyone who thought otherwise was being delusional. Deadpool is R-rated and had no 3D. Batman v Superman contains three of the most iconic super heroes, 

I thought nobody cared about Superman and Wonder Woman as some folks here kept mentioning again and again. :P

any assumptions about legs is premature in the extreme as tele reported last night walk ups were high people are going to this movie. OS with every territory matching mos total either of or by the end of the weekend 700 OS is assured so one billion will happen

Just now, grey ghost said:

BvS is "obviously" out grossing Deadpool?

So 365+ m is a lock for BvS?

For now, it is far from locked to beat Deadpool. Maybe Friday numbers will change that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I thought nobody cared about Superman and Wonder Woman as some folks here kept mentioning again and again. :P

It depends on who you ask really. -_-

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

I don't mean in terms of whether people like them or not but everyone knows who they are. 

5 minutes ago, jb007 said:

But it did not gross $190M, so no point in bringing it up unless you want to reduce the additional grosses reaped by TDK due to Heath Ledger for the sake of fairness. 

I would love to be able to do that. It would mean Heath is still alive, which would be wonderful. Inflation happens no matter how people want to deny it. 

1 minute ago, jandrew said:

How did people react to the CW Spidey reveal at yalls preview shows? Or is it moot since most of the audience was likely fanboys who have seen the CW trailer 55 times already on Youtube? 

I only got THE HUNTSMAN: WINTER'S WAR trailer :kitschjob: 

• Like 2

Just now, jandrew said:

ill go see BvS whenever im allowed to drive again and have time, but man I just have not cared for it. No idea why. I was super excited then after that Kimmel spot I was drained or something.

I cant explain it. Im usually so hyped for something like this, and its BATMAN, but I just cant get in that mood. Hopefully Snyder brings some goods though, I may not be too amped for the movie, but I am amped to see WW go all Injustice on fools.

The tepid reception of Man of Steel already made a lot of people skeptical about this, and the reviews only confirmed that they turned out another divisive piece of work. That was probably enough to kill the enthusiasm of plenty of people who otherwise would've been psyched.

The only person I would say I feel bad for in all of this is Amy Adams, all because she's the best. She apparently always really wanted to play Lois Lane (she even auditioned for the Brett Ratner/Matt Bomer movie that ended up not happening back in the day) and here she has ended stuck in a divisive franchise like this one. Oh well, at least the paycheck was probably really good.

4 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

any assumptions about legs is premature in the extreme as tele reported last night walk ups were high people are going to this movie. OS with every territory matching mos total either of or by the end of the weekend 700 OS is assured so one billion will happen

Assuming the reports of $15M in presales for previews that Deadline stated two weeks ago are true, it mustered $12.7M more in those two weeks. That doesn't suggest high walk-ups across the board. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

In terms of domestic total? I agree. Avengers had better legs and better WOM.  In terms of domestic opening? I disagree. The shooting and 3D are valid issues to bring up. 3D was a self-inflicted handicap by the director and studio. But you just said "under ANY circumstance." What about the circumstance where WB forces 3D down Nolan's throat and the shooting never happens? 

I don't see any way, it could have made an additional $48M. The impact of the shooting is just pure conjecture. The kind of loss people are speculating never could have happened given that TDKR never really had out of the world drops after the first weekend to indicate that the missing auds from first weekend audience watched TDKR later down the line.

8 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

If reviews did hurt it, then this is a good number, right? Had it had great reviews it would have made, what, 225 M? So Excel was right all along. lmao!

If the movie was as good as The Avengers or TDK than yes it could have made between 200-225.  What's so funny or surprising about that?

However... people like Excel just assumed that having the Trinity was enough to propel OW to 200+

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Best case scenario: could a BvS movie get a 200 m OW?

Keep in mind it's an MOS sequel and a Batman reboot.

Good reviews would have helped. Buzz has been toxic on the days leading up to Friday. But we will never know. Maybe it wouldn't have done a single scent more than what it is going to do.

54 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

I wonder why Linda Fiorentino never became a thing.

cjtb7s3o.jpg?v=1456823035

Have you seen Last Seduction? 

I think people are genuinely afraid of her

after watching this movie. Sharon Stone is like

a Disney Girl compared to her.

• Like 3