CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

3 minutes ago, #ED said:

You're shitting me right? The dude's ranked 4th or 5th in pessimistic users on this movie.

I know, right?

But his review seems pretty ok/positive to me. He seems to have enjoyed it. 

Just now, Blankie Cochran said:

I would be hyperbolic-ally bashing on BvS, but then again, I saw Fantastic Four, and I can't honestly say it was worse than that film. 

Please don't, we have people doing that every page :lol:

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

redfirebird's hedging on the positive side too.

I acknowledge it's a mess, but I enjoyed Batman/Wonder Woman and the third act as a whole to the point it's worthy of a thumbs up. The critics piling on like they did is a bit over the top, but I can definitely understand where they are coming from.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@Blankie Cochran You are on the same boat as Ethan and iJack.

I strongly suggest a re-watch :P

I'm not paying for that. :lol: I'll probably check out the director's cut on DVD, but the movie in theaters? Definitely not.

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I liked the LEGO Batman teaser.

And where the hell is this "Numbers hated LEGO Movie" nonsense coming from?

Should've added a jab in there more. I know you and Tele didn't hate the LEGO Movie, but I remember my faux-meltdown over your 2014 list and Tele teasing me about LEGO for a solid six months, and well, there you go.

Still, I'd be surprised if you two like it more than BvS, when it's pretty fairly locked for me at this point. Although I suppose Suicide Squad could still take my top Batman movie of the calendar year spot.

33 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

He should watch the first three seasons of BTAS.

Then when he sees that MOTP opening credits and music it will be a religious experience.

Or maybe that's just me. :kitschjob:

Same, the opening credits for MOTP always got me pumped for the very reason that I was already familiar with the theme, and seeing it fully movie orchestrated was beyond epic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Time for viewing #2. See you guys on the other side.

I have to watch it again in RPX tomorrow.

I REALLY, REALLY wanted to watch it in 4DX though. 

9 minutes ago, #ED said:

You're shitting me right? The dude's ranked 4th or 5th in pessimistic users on this movie.

For the first 2/3rds, I was getting ready to give this thing a big thumbs down. But the 3rd act was great. I need to see it again with a better audience though. Was very distracted for a large chunk of the movie by fidgeting child next to me and adults constantly texting right around me.

• Like 1

Not gonna go into a rant, but I was alright with the first and second act (although they had issues), but the third act was just atrocious IMO. One of the worst third acts I can remember seeing in any blockbusters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

IJack doesn't count. We don't even know if he actually watched the movie

Lmao, this killed me. Even Ethan was to distance himself from iJack :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Blankie Cochran said:

I'm not paying for that. :lol: I'll probably check out the director's cut on DVD, but the movie in theaters? Definitely not.

I was just joking Blanks :) 

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

For the first 2/3rds, I was getting ready to give this thing a big thumbs down. But the 3rd act was great. I need to see it again with a better audience though. Was very distracted for a large chunk of the movie by fidgeting child next to me and adults constantly texting right around me.

Well that sucks. Thankfully my wife is one of those people who goes to find an usher to kick people out. :ph34r:

I just pretend I don't know that lady who's snitching. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, #ED said:

I have to watch it again in RPX tomorrow.

I REALLY, REALLY wanted to watch it in 4DX though. 

I have the Regal unlimited ticket (looks really cool and is steel actually), will watch it in literally every format available over the next few weeks. Best purchase ever :)