CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

29 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Haters complained about Snyder in MOS but still came back to watch BVS on opening weekend, see you guys on Justice League OW as well :hug:

I don't understand why you have to keep calling people that. Just because you don't like something doesn't make you a hater.

At this point the only way this movie doesn't cross $800M WW is if it completely collapse. Even if its considerably more frontloaded than F7 it is still guaranteed to pass that, considering international numbers so far. Keep fingers crossed for a complete collapse guys, you can still have the dumbed down DC movies you want :lol:

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's actually been pretty subdued compared to previous times.

See, that makes me kind of happy. Mostly because i gave up on trying to catch up when I'm away from the computer.

I found a place that likes movies and numbers. It's a home to me.

This thread is nuts.  Seriously if we can't celebrate a movie opening to 165+ we've truly lost our perspective, I don't care what the film is.  The ONLY film I think I would feel 'disappointed' in with that kind of opening would be the next episode of Star Wars.  Everyone keeps throwing out that this is the two most popular DC characters (which of course is true) but look at the constant uphill battle it's faced.  Coming off the Nolan trilogy, which the GA sees as the quintessential idea of Batman, a lukewarm reception to MOS and now VERY tepid reviews, the fact that it still opened above tracking is great.  (I saw someone say tracking was 178 a few threads ago, I have never seen that number.  Just last week Hollywood Reporter said tracking was 150).  

I also don't understand the argument that this is DC's answer to Avengers.  That's LITERALLY what the concept of the Justice League is and Marvel had years of solo films to craft that.  It was a long process that took a lot of patience and really paid off.  This is DC's first real shot (you could argue second with MOS) at building their universe.  And if you want to argue that the GA doesn't really know The Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman I'd say the SAME amount of people cared about Deadpool before it's release.  It's all about good marketing, awareness and in the end, delivering quality wise.  Then people care.  I think everyone just expected WB to pull a rabbit out of their hat and with ONE film be competing with Marvel at the height of it's brand.  That idea is way more nuts to me than BvS not having a 200 OW.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

If this movie only does 800m worldwide, he'll most likely be shown the door.

I just don't understand who is delusional enough to think that this won't cross 800M worldwide (besides iJack). It's going to make $$$$$$ internationally. The only question is how much is it going to make in the North America region. 

Besides, plenty of people was always going to show up for a movie with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. The Justice League is another story. I doubt it'll get the same buzz BvS got if Snyder is still in charge, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

See, that makes me kind of happy. Mostly because i gave up on trying to catch up when I'm away from the computer.

I found a place that likes movies and numbers. It's a home to me.

I've only been following these threads whenever I'm online. Don't bother catching up when I return.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Midnight Special is looking at a huge drop without adding any theaters this weekend. The handling of this one is weird.

I was looking forward to this one. Is it ever going to expand?

It feels like yesterday I was waiting and waiting and waiting for Legend to expand and it never did.

1 minute ago, aliadiere29 said:

Besides, plenty of people was always going to show up for a movie with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. The Justice League is another story. I doubt it'll get the same buzz BvS got if Snyder is still in charge, in my opinion.

I don't think the few idiots who hate Snyder online will be responsible for a big drop in $ for JL, the vast majority of the audience doesn't even care about who direct these movies, as Marvel has shown us.

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

I just don't understand who is delusional enough to think that this won't cross 800M worldwide (besides iJack). It's going to make $$$$$$ internationally. The only question is how much is it going to make in the North America region. 

Is breaking records overseas for superhero and Warner Bros all time opening. Still keeping my prediction at 960-965 million though. 

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I was looking forward to this one. Is it ever going to expand?

It feels like yesterday I was waiting and waiting and waiting for Legend to expand and it never did.

Apparently one is coming in April but it won't be much one. Clearly WB didn't see much box office potential despite the good reviews and threw it aside to focus on marketing other things. Too bad.

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I don't think the few idiots who hate Snyder online will be responsible for a big drop in $ for JL, the vast majority of the audience doesn't even care about who direct these movies, as Marvel has shown us.

How? I've never heard any criticism even from the fandom about Marvel directors except for Alan Taylor (because he was a first-time director) and Peyton Reed (because he's not Edgar Wright).

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

How? I've never heard any criticism even from the fandom about Marvel directors except for Alan Taylor (because he was a first-time director) and Peyton Reed (because he's not Edgar Wright).

Because GA does not care about who directs the movies. They know the names of Spielberg, Cameron, Nolan, Bay and Abrams. That is it. And Abrams is a stretch. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

General audiences don't care about who direct those movies, that was my point.

• Like 1

Do you guys feel there is a new for me to read the last 30 or 40 pages or whatever?

Any new numbers? Anything I should be aware that happened?