CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

& people still wonder why so many series do the finale two parter... $$$$$$$££££€¢¥¥

If the franchises start at a high mark it makes sense, but Divergent was never a box office behemoth, making the split decision more stupid.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

What other Snyder movie with owls? :huh:

Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole is the only one.

Watchmen? Old and new Night Owl? ;o)

Edited by incognitoo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

So basically, this will most likely end up with around 370M Domestic, which isn't a bad start I suppose, but for being WB's version of The AVENGERS, It's a pretty lackluster start to their franchise and certainly not MARVEL.. One would have to imagine of George Miller Directed this movie, then did JUSTICE LEAGUE, how that would've fared compared to Zack Snyder??? :popcorn:

After the awful reviews it's had, WB will take any good news at the moment.

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

If the franchises start at a high mark it makes sense, but Divergent was never a box office behemoth, making the split decision more stupid.

More times than not (actually most) it's more profitable to shoot two movies as one & then just reap the profits for these big blockbusters agree?

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I know, I know. ^_^

Btw, WB's highest grossing film, WW-wise.....is still Harry Potter: DH2. Looks like it's gonna take a mega blockbuster in the future from WB to top Potter.

We all know when that's gonna happen 

imagejpeg

1 billion was going to happen I think it could challenge tdkr ww to based on legs overseas.

Undoubtedly as I expected both supporter and detractors of the films have things to get from the film to support arguments.

Will be source of a ton of flame wars for sure this summer ...

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

FOX was smart with The Maze Runner franchise. Lionsgate should have followed the FOX route. I still think they did this on purpose. They sabotaged their own franchise. Moved forward with the two part finale (changing the titles instead lol), took out 3D, released it one week before BvS and made a really bad marketing campaign. All this after Insurgent had decreased DOM even with the 3D.

And you don't know the best thing yet: Allegiant

Spoiler

covers the whole book. There is nothing left to adapt. But the cliffhanger is there lol, the next one if it ever gets made it will be all made up lmao. 

24 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is a flop. Snyder will get fired. Burn DC to the ground :P 

Now seriously, if this reaches 1B WW Snyder will become DC's Michael Bay. 

Are you serious ? Warner wasn't happy with the almost 700 million $ that MOS made and they will be dancing because a movie with batman, superman, WW and more will make a billion ? Snyder is nowhere near Michael bay and BvS won't be considered a huge hit, just like MOS .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

& people still wonder why so many series do the finale two parter... $$$$$$$££££€¢¥¥

For mega blockbusters it's really a no brainer.

Deathly Hallows 1&2     2,3 billion WW

Breaking Dawn 1&2      1,5 b.

Mockingjay 1&2            1,4 b.

But for smaller stuff it can backfire big time

tumblr_n31qc6ygb51sbz7kao1_500.gif

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

More times than not (actually most) it's more profitable to shoot two movies as one & then just reap the profits for these big blockbusters agree?

But in this case they didn't shoot them back to back. They spent 110M in Allegiant. Ascendant was meant to be filmed this Summer.