CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

RTM isn't really a thread with much movement. There were several people here and on the spoilers threads saying what they think about it. Other than some more secluded safe harbors it's either mixed or downright toxic negative. CBM.com, SHH and CBR are overwhelmingly negative, you can't even say mixed on those cases.

I'd actually argue that here on the boards it's the most "mixed" board I've seen so far. An actual poll could be interesting, not sure if possible though.

Edited by iJackSparrow

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

So when did FF become a franchise in your opinion? Fast 4?

I've never seen a FF film. I assume that's the first sequel to justify itself and set up more films? If so then sure.

7 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Well no shit it's gonna drop after opening weekend and no expansion. WB better not fuck up this expansion; I've been hyped for this movie for quite sometime.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blankie Cochran said:

Well no shit it's gonna drop after opening weekend and no expansion. WB better not fuck up this expansion; I've been hyped for this movie for quite sometime.

It is time to let it go :lol: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blankie Cochran said:

That's THE Warner Bros film I'm most expecting right now  in this first semester too after BvS, I really wish to see it in theaters, hopefully they will release it internationally too. Trailer seems pretty fucking awesome. 

5 minutes ago, Blankie Cochran said:

It's not really gonna get much of one, most likely. WB seems to have dumped it, unfortunately.

7 hours ago, grey ghost said:

What's so much richer about the Mad Max world than Batman and Superman?

It's a bunch of crazed pasty hillbillies killing each other in the desert...with monster trucks.

Superman and Batman have literally hundreds of stories and quite a few of those stories are better than anything you'll find in a Mad Max movie.

Alright I'm a big fan of DC and I don't necessarily disagree with your main point but stories/=/world and nothing in either Batman or Superman's movies so far as eclipsed the worldbuilding in Mad Max. Closest it gets is Batman 89 and Returns, but I still say Mad Max is more distinct.

6 hours ago, CJohn said:

I got the most majestic trailer line-up ever last night when I saw BvS for the 2nd time: SUICIDE SQUAD, CIVIL WAR and APOCALYPSE.

Lmao

No LEGO, no sale :P

6 hours ago, DAJK said:

Okay, this "biased marvel critics" thing is really starting to annoy me.

(now watch me get called a DC hater anytime soon)

Before the movie came out and I saw the reviews, I thought critics just hated Snyder as usual and were being harsh on him. Now that I've seen the movie though, I can't fault them much at all.

6 hours ago, CJohn said:

BvS is better than both BB and TDKR. I am sorry Pink.

But nothing will ever top TDK in my CBM ranking. 

CJohn....

22_zpsnlypgqav.giff

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

That's THE Warner Bros film I'm most expecting right now  in this first semester too after BvS, I really wish to see it in theaters, hopefully they will release it internationally too. Trailer seems pretty fucking awesome. 

There is no release date set here and with the floppage in limited release I am not expecting one anytime soon :sadben: 

How are things looking in Brazil? It already has a date in there?

Welp, the big one came around for sure. It's here and here to serve us w/its greatness. I'm of course talking about SPECTRE'S 200M+ RUN. OMG SONY, YOU ARE GENIUSES, LIKE YOU'RE NOT EVEN TRYING TO HIDE THE FUDGEJOB RIGHT NOW... WHICH IS WHY IT'S BRILLIANT SINCE IT'S SO OBVIOUS NOBODY ACTUALLY CARES THAT IT'S FUDGED ANYWAY. Epic. Just epic.

... but anyways, some less interesting news (:P). Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice. Now, besides me having to blow out a bottle of champaigne for essentially nailing this shit (170.5M final prediction for myself), the elephant in the room is wheater or not is 170M disappointing or not. Is it weird that we live in a world where the 1st ever alligning of three of the most iconic superheroes in history - one of them being a double 150M+ opener by himself, and the other coming off of a 118M opening too - would do less OW money than an Iron Man solo money, and would likely fall short of IM3 WW as well. Possibly DOM's cume too. But don't forget that IM3 came in the right time, in the right place, in a post-Avengers world. BVS broke the March record, probably fudged its way to edging out DH2 for biggest WB opening, and went for a total number that sets 380-400M DOM and 1-1.1B WW right there. No matter how much the detractors paint it, these are really, really good numbers here. But they're not exactly epic either, as I was on the club that believed that, while not a sure fire thing, 200M could've been broken here. Next week will be intriguing to see the 2nd weekend performance. Will the internet meltdown in a positive way or in a negative way (depending on... which side are you on? B)), we'll see. I expect it to be on the average for a big SH movie, especially w/no competition. But who knows, maybe God's Not Dead 2 will blow everything away and crush us mortals w/its money making omnipotence.

Gotta say that I'll have to eat crow on MBFGW2. I saw Zoolander 2 all over again here (which hasn't even made 30M DOM so far, LMAO), and w/the BVS competition, I doubted people even knew this was a thing. But man, did I lowball it. By almost 10M at that. Will it perform as awesomely as the original? Hell no, but the opening already did much better that I was anticipating. Maybe I just suck at this prediction game, though.

Zootopia fell right on where I saw it coming, on the other hand. And yeah, I think we can admit by now that this thing is kind of a monster. Despite having the steepest drop so far, it still avoided a 40% spike and still came at over 23M. Unreal. 300M is gonna happen at this point, I have to assume. Doesn't have a lot of time to do it cleanly since The Jungle Book is looming, but I think it can pull it off eventually. And good ol' Mr. Pool also not losing all of its composure at a 5M result. Btw, Deadpool has crossed 745M WW! R-rated record is DOWN, baby!!!

Not so happy is 10 Cloverfield Lane's 55% drop :(. Sad story, the movie deserves better. But hey, it's got a shot at 70M DOM, which is only 10M shy of the original, and that's great for the type of movie that it is. But much less impressive than that... Allegiant. Spiking nearly 70% and coming under 10M in its second weekend of release. LOL. Just.... LOL. Lucky thing it already made its budget back WW, and I'm almost inclined to say that's w/advertising included since Lionsgate didn't even care to properly market the damn thing. At least this disaster didn't lose the studio money, which is kinda good news coming off of the Gods Of Egypt debacle. Miracles also falling a bit harder than I expected, but still having a decent 35% drop.

Sally Field and Helen Mirren kicking ass in limited. Damn nice there. If it continues to build momentum like this, Doris could pull a pretty nice wide debut (assuming its getting one). Midnight Special... ouch, not so much. Let's hope it doesn't completely crash and burn in wide.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's not really gonna get much of one, most likely. WB seems to have dumped it, unfortunately.

Not exactly.  They didn't want to destroy their own expansion with BvS, so its starting next week (4/1).   According to the film's site, its adding about 50 locations then, and my guess would be it would continue to expand over the rest of the month.  

http://tickets.midnightspecialmovie.com/microsite/2653

5 hours ago, ecstasy said:

This weekend has been the most unpleasant this forum has been since I've been a member.

Having said that, great opening for BvS. Sorry the critics put a damper on what should have been a fun weekend here.

TBF, reading through this thread, those loving it and calling those who don't "haters" have ruined it more than those with legitimate grievances against the film.

Then again, I do have iJack on ignore.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

There is no release date set here and with the floppage in limited release I am not expecting one anytime soon :sadben: 

How are things looking in Brazil? It already has a date in there?

I think I'll have to rent the blu-ray or if I'm lucky when it's released on Netflix. That's all kinds of fucked up. Give this a Netflix wide release and if it's as good as the buzz is claiming it becomes an instant cult classic. Fuck.

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I think I'll have to rent the blu-Ray or if I'm luck when it's released or Netflix. That's all kinds of fucked up. Give this a Netflix release and if it's as good as the buzz is claiming it becomes a cult classic. Fuck.

It won't be on Netflix within the next few years, it'll be on

Spoiler

HBO NOW. Ugh.

At least in the US. I don't know about your country.

Edited by department store basement

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I think I'll have to rent the blu-Ray or if I'm luck when it's released or Netflix. That's all kinds of fucked up. Give this a Netflix release and if it's as good as the buzz is claiming it becomes a cult classic. Fuck.

:sadben: 

I see this is a WW problem and not just here. I guess they will throw it directly to VOD, DVD and/or Netflix here as well. 

10 minutes ago, Blankie Cochran said:

No LEGO, no sale :P

CJohn....

22_zpsnlypgqav.giff

The LEGO trailer wasn't released officially by WB Portugal yet :lol: It was impossible for it to pass in front of BvS :lol:

I thought that too, but then you had that insane freak out in the beginning of March and I was like noooooooooooooooooooooope :ph34r::P