Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

57 members have voted

1. 1. Review Attack of the Clones

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

While PM gets some credit as it captured me when I was a ten year old kid (though I disliked it very much rewatching it a couple of months ago), this one I disliked in the cinema and couldn't get through it re-watching it last week.

I am certainly no prequel-hater... couldn't care less as the OT isn't that special to me either (ESB is the only true SW masterpiece imho). But Anakin/Padme was a love-story to laugh at... Obi-Wan I liked as a character but his mission in this movie is so boring I didn't care. At all. It fell apart so much that Yoda/Dooku felt more like a gimmick than the natural climax of this movie.

D

• Like 2

This movie is just really bad. The worst of the Stat Wars movies. At least TPM had the final lightsaber battle and the best score of the prequels. I would give a longer review, but I don't want to think about this movie that much. I would give it a.......D(63)

• Like 2

Better than TPM and thank goodness almost no Jar Jar and no Jake Lloyd. But the romance is incredibly bad and Christensen is not really believable as Anakin IMO. However, Ewan McGregor is awesome and the last 30 minutes are great as well. Also, like the OT this movie shows that unlike Jar Jar, C-3PO and R2 actually work as comic relief.

C+

I don't get TPM hate. I think its considered the worst since it was the return of Star Wars and everyone was disappointed. AOTC however expectations were way down. 

TPM has a space battle/land battle/Jedi duel/gun fight climax intercutting. Plus the Pod Race, plus Liam Neeson. 

• Like 1

But im not comparing it to Jedi, Im comparing it to AOTC.

Does it matter what you're comparing it to?  Does that mean I can't then compare that to another movie in the franchise?  Especially when everything that you said are positives in it are ripped straight from another movie in the same franchise?

• Like 1