abra

Wednesday: BvS $8.1M

4 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Yes but weak with 40% of schools out not a good sign. Big weekend bump unlikely

Yeah it's not just that, Baumer seems to think in numbers and ignore everything else. Iron Man 3 was the first Marvel Studios after The Avengers and contrary to what the hardcores from flame wars shenanigans like to imply, loved by the critics AND public. It had excellent buzz and s film that appealed to everyone. It was bound to be huge. This isn't that, and I'd be sincerely surprised if BvS weekend is bigger than F7. But I made my case and I will wait til the weekend numbers to comment on the subject. 

23 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

Yes, it was more tongue in cheek than anything. Re-reading my post, I see I could have made it more obvious. I was curious to hear the opinions on God's Not Dead as well. 

Some religious young guy standing up to an atheist professor in college. Even ignoring the religious nonsense, from a film making perspective its terrible as well. Bland acting and some stock characters and stupid stereotypes. The lone Muslim character in the movie beats his child, according to the film the reason people are atheists is because they hate god (lol no).

I've seen it once, and have no desire to see it again. If God's not dead, he would kill himself after watching this movie. 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

lancelot123 is my new favorite poster. Throwing out the best projections ever and tossing shade at peons with puny monitors. 

:rofl: I like to think of them more as peasants, but they're really the same thing.

Especially since I have three of these monitors.  :monopoly:  

13 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Some religious young guy standing up to an atheist professor in college. Even ignoring the religious nonsense, from a film making perspective its terrible as well. Bland acting and some stock characters and stupid stereotypes. The lone Muslim character in the movie beats his child, according to the film the reason people are atheists is because they hate god (lol no).

I've seen it once, and have no desire to see it again. If God's not dead, he would kill himself after watching this movie. 

HAHA! Glad I never heard of it! Sound's like I would be seething with anger by the end of it. Kind of like watching 2 minutes of Fox News.

Edited by lancelot123

16 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

"If God's not dead, he would kill himself after watching this movie."

LMAO...If that is not worthy of an RT consensus, nothing is! You get a round of plause sir

• Like 3

The crumbling continues.

Also, Iron Man 3 was not loved by the public. At all. Legs were pretty bad. I love it, tho. And it worked really well with kids. That is why the weekends were so good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

GND2 OW over BvS 2nd weekend club anyone? I'll do it for the lulz, unless they look down on frivolous clubs.

Fun trivia: If BvS were to have the worst second-weekend drop ever (83.6%, beating Jane Got a Gun), it would make roughly $27.2 million. That's still more than GND2 is projected to make this weekend.

Edited by johnboy3434

I think GND2 will underperform expectations. First one was a fluke. New cast and story after Easter and many Christians releases. 

May come in 4th.

Boss will take bvs down. Sound like it's not good. Which means it will do well like DH.

26 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The crumbling continues.

Also, Iron Man 3 was not loved by the public. At all. Legs were pretty bad. I love it, tho. And it worked really well with kids. That is why the weekends were so good.

Iron Man 3 has a solid 79% score with both critics and public in Flixter. I don't mistake stupid online flame wars between fanbases with films not being liked. It obviously was. You're right about connecting greatly with kids/teens though. 

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

Iron Man 3 has a solid 79% score with both critics and public in Flixter. I don't mistake stupid online flame wars between fanbases with films not being liked. It obviously was. You're right about connecting greatly with kids/teens though. 

It had a mixed reception with a more adult crowd. That is why legs were kinda shitty compared to other Marvel movies and weekdays were low. Well liked movies? The Winter Soldier and GotG, for example.

1 minute ago, lancelot123 said:

If GND2 retains it's $12K per theater sales as the OW of the first one, it will make 27.8 million with the 2318 theaters it's releasing at.

Dude, stop. Trolling is not an acceptable behaviour here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It had a mixed reception with a more adult crowd. That is why legs were kinda shitty compared to other Marvel movies and weekdays were low. Well liked movies? The Winter Soldier and GotG, for example.

Those are universally praised blockbusters, they have similar Flixter grades to TFA and stuff like the TDK Trilogy. A 79% between public and critics? That's solid imho. That's a well liked film. Not every film will be liked as much as the ones you've mentioned.

Edited by iJackSparrow

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Those are universally praised blockbusters, they have similar Flixter grades to TFA and stuff like the TDK Trilogy. A 79% between public and critics? That's solid imho. That a well liked film. Not every film will be liked as much as the ones you've mentioned.

I think we are somewhat in agreement here. We are just using different words :lol:

• Like 1