abra

Wednesday: BvS $8.1M

Just now, druv10 said:

I wouldn't expect that in China either. They love fun and over the top action. With Snyder in charge, I don't see why he would change course and make JL fun instead of grim and dark. 

Because JL IS going to be lighter? Terrio said JL Part 1 is much lighter, saying BvS is kind of the Empire Strikes Back in terms of tone. 

16 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Family bump my man? This isn't a family film. 

Well, if Deadpool made the money it made w/help from kids and families, I think we can all admit that any superhero movie, including the uber dark, super cerebral, not-meant-to-be-a-money-maker, work of urban art BVS, can be considered family affair :jeb!:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Because JL IS going to be lighter? Terrio said JL Part 1 is much lighter, saying BvS is kind of the Empire Strikes Back in terms of tone. 

Well, "lighter"... Did you ever see a single Zack Snyder movie? I think it would have been lighter if they hired Justin Lin but once Snyder starts with his desaturated colours...

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Well, if Deadpool made the money it made w/help from kids and families, I think we can all admit that any superhero movie, including the uber dark, super cerebral, not-meant-to-be-a-money-maker, work of urban art BVS, can be considered family affair :jeb!:

Really? That was the case with Deadpool?

I will wait until second weekend drop to call this WOM on this movie. I've seen movies with weak weekday numbers to make it up big time on the weekends. So, regardless drop today Thursday, this weekend will set the tone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bapi said:

Well, "lighter"... Did you ever see a single Zack Snyder movie? I think it would have been lighter if they hired Justin Lin but once Snyder starts with his desaturated colours...

I have seen every single movie of his, I'm a big fan, thank you very much. It's not as simple as "desaturated colors", simplifying it that way really shows pure ignorance. The look of MOS was right for the piece just like the look of BvS is right for the piece. Was Sucker Punch desaturated? No. Was Dawn Of The Dead desaturated? Noooooooooooooooope. 

Also, what does "lighter" in terms of tone have to do with desaturated colors? Once again: ignorance.

Edited by TimmyRiggins

9 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I don't see it happening. For one, costumes are all dark and grim including Flash. Also, how things pan out in BvS, I'm not sure light is possible. 

Are you mixing up the color palette with the tone of the movie? What? 

Terrio said so, I believe him, Snyder also said JL would have Batman looking for the other metahumans to assemble the team, and that it might factor in finding how to bring Superman back. BvS is not that dark anyway, the ending is hopeful,

Spoiler

HELL, Batman finds his humanity back and wants to assemble the team, to unite against a common enemy, "Men are still good"

Seriously, I wonder if some of you have actually paid attention beyond the surface. 

4 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I have seen every single movie of his, I'm a big fan, thank you very much. It's not as simple as "desaturated colors", simplifying it that way really shows pure ignorance. The look of MOS was right for the piece just like the look of BvS is right for the piece. Was Sucker Punch desaturated? No. Was Dawn Of The Dead desaturated? Noooooooooooooooope. 

Also, what does "lighter" in terms of tone have to do with desaturated colors? Once again: ignorance.

His 'serious, edgy, visual' style of directing starts with those desaturated colours...

15 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I'm sorry, but I can't take Terrio's word that JL will be lighter. DC wants darker superhero movies. Everything they've showed us has been dark. Even what I've seen of Suicide Squad and WW look dark. So, I find it hard to believe JL will be much lighter.

13 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Really? That was the case with Deadpool?

Well, pretty much, in case you haven't noticed that there's quite a number of parents who decided it was such a brilliant idea to carry their younglings to see Deadpool. Note that I didn't say families and kids were the main factor (which may or may not be true), but that they were a focus of help.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Are you mixing up the color palette with the tone of the movie? What? 

Terrio said so, I believe him, Snyder also said JL would have Batman looking for the other metahumans to assemble the team, and that it might factor in finding how to bring Superman back. BvS is not that dark anyway, the ending is hopeful,

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously, I wonder if some of you have actually paid attention beyond the surface. 

Terrio said a lot of things, to be honest.