kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 7.74 M BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE | 3.20 M ZOOTOPIA | 1.63 M MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING II

I seriously need to see this movie lol

I will say though, my enthusiasm to do so has wained a bit over the last week. I think it's all the negativity that's been surrounding it. Oh well. I'll try to get around to seeing it this weekend. 

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

Yep, ho hum.  60 mill weekend coming up.  The film will be fine.  The biggest shit on film that will make about 400 mill and a billion to a bill point two WW.

At the $1b club party, the banner will read: Hey, at least you're better than Alice In Wonderland.

• Like 1

This week the Chinese government started offering tax incentives for theaters to screw Hollywood movies in favor of local movies, and this Friday it seems that the movie lost a lot of screens to new local releases, so it's not fair to compare BVS performance in China with previous movies.

Just now, Napoleon said:

This week the Chinese government started offering tax incentives for theaters to screw Hollywood movies in favor of local movies, and this Friday it seems that the movie lost a lot of screens to new local releases, so it's not fair to compare BVS performance in China with previous movies.

Lol, they like to screw Hollywood so much that they granted Zootopia an extension.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Another conspiracy?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This week the Chinese government started offering incentives for theaters to screw Hollywood movies in favor of local movies, and this Friday it seems that the movie lost a lot of screens to new local releases, so it's not fair to compare BVS performance in China with previous movies.

You can't be serious. WOM is bad so theaters are shredding the showtimes in favor of new openers and Zootopia which is out for nearly a month, still making money.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The Fanticipation movie-buzz indicator gives the superhero saga 91 points out of 100, and the ticket-selling platform is seeing repeat ticket purchases — 30 percent higher than any typical blockbuster.

“Movie fans continue to be excited about the trinity of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, battling together on the big screen for the first time in history,” said Fandango Managing Editor Erik Davis.  “This film is delivering something we’ve never seen before in a live-action superhero movie, and fans are returning to see it again in theaters this weekend.”

How reliable is Fandango? lol

How do they know that tickets are 'repeat purchases?' They have a database of patrons, I guess? Forgive me, we don't have Fandango here.

I think they are seeing the repeat in their own databases one week to the next. 

Lots of repeat business.

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

what about zootopia?