kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 7.74 M BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE | 3.20 M ZOOTOPIA | 1.63 M MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING II

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

That was based on Deadline's report regarding cinemascores across different demos. Don't assume the rest of America will copy your score, wtf.

But when we were using CinemaScore to say it got a B rating, you guys were up in arms that CinemaScore isn't a good tool. Now it's suddenly a good tool because it fits your narrative. 

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

You haven't even been in a theater to make this judgment. I've seen it twice and both times there were a shitload of families and little kids. It's not getting to $400m because it has bad WOM period, not because of any demographic issues.

Bad wom equals less families watching it.

1 minute ago, hasanahmad said:

The movie will likely make 100-200 million less because of critics reviews but it will make more than 800 because it's better than 5/10

Yeah but it opened strongly with a clear path to 1 billion. If it misses 900 million I don't think we can solely blame critics on that one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

But when we were using CinemaScore to say it got a B rating, you guys were up in arms that CinemaScore isn't a good tool. Now it's suddenly a good tool because it fits your narrative. 

CinemasCore is more effective when polling teens

21 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

So 3 years of hype and two of the biggest heroes ever and the film is heading to a domestic total the size of the first ten days of the Avengers. 

#notamarveltrolliswear

Edited by Cochofles

You know I'll be the first one to admit that I didn't like the film. I've been very honest about that. However I've never let my personal feelings dictate how this movie was going to do numbers wise. But man some of you guys who love the film need to chill out....so some people didn't like the film, who cares. [mod edit]

• Like 1

Well, it overperformed my Thursday estimate ($7.74 million actual versus my $7.53 million projection), so time for a recalculation. Again, this is based on the day-to-day changes for Furious 7 and Clash of the Titans, which, despite all the fanboy dick-measuring about Marvel and DC, are the actual movies we should be comparing this to.

Friday - $16.8 million
Saturday - $22.5 million
Sunday - $14.1 million

SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL - $53.4 million

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Excuse me? This post of yours only shows how obsessive you are when it comes to these silly arguments.

Find a post of mine talking about cinemascores, a post where I said it's a good tool.

You are questioning the validity of the report because your rating was different? I mean, how SILLY is that?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

You haven't even been in a theater to make this judgment. I've seen it twice and both times there were a shitload of families and little kids. It's not getting to $400m because it has bad WOM period, not because of any demographic issues.

Straight up I do expect this to play as more of a weekend movie because it's a superhero film with Batman and Superman even if it's dark. That's why I don't see a Deadpool Friday increase. It isn't Rated R and it's going to attract more families than Deadpool probably, so the GI Joe comparison is probably closer to the minimum I see.

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

I disagree completely.

Could you at least try to back up this? Heretic on the international forums posted that it looks like a really bad hold at the cinemas he's looking at, and IndustriousAngel posted the weekend trend in Germany is " #1: BvS - 250k admissions (-55%, ouch that hurts) "

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yeah but it opened strongly with a clear path to 1 billion. If it misses 900 million I don't think we can solely blame critics on that one

It fell big from Friday to Sunday too so it should have been 180 . The critical reviews always have a mark even on first weekend 

My comparison to the Avengers illustrates how badly Warner Bros has mishandled the DC universe so far.

The have created negativity to the brand and have reduced financial results due to making poor products.

That is not trolling that is pointing out the obvious.

I loved the Nolan batman movies and they create a very strong brand and had outstanding financial results.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I would like to add that I do realize that Facebook is a horrible sample. People tend to be friends with people with the same interests and views. Some have referred to the phenomenon as a echo chamber. It wouldn't shock me to hear that someone that likes it is seeing nothing but positive things. 

I just thought it was weird that I saw nothing till last night. 

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Excuse me? This post of yours only shows how obsessive you are when it comes to these silly arguments.

Find a post of mine talking about cinemascores, a post where I said it's a good tool.

You are questioning the validity of the report because your rating was different? I mean, how SILLY is that?

I wasn't questioning anything. The original poster didn't post any information from deadline and just made a comment. So excuse me if I thought he was making assumptions. How SILLY is it that you keep getting offending when someone makes a negative comment about this film...as if you're getting a single penny to defend its honor. 

Edit: I'm obsessive with these silly arguments and yet you're the one who initiated the argument.....

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

I wanted Snyder gone as well. Then I saw the movie. Now I want Snyder to stay so the hate makes them claw their face with frustration 

I don't really care if Snyder stays anymore. He's pretty much killed my enthusiasm for Superman and the JL anyway. As much as DC has milked Batman dry in the last two decades I'm still interested in seeing Affleck's take on the character in a solo film. 

• Like 1