kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 7.74 M BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE | 3.20 M ZOOTOPIA | 1.63 M MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING II

6 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

The thing is, F7 seems like a best case scenario in many ways.
If you take Clash of the Titans or GI Jo 2 as a reference on 2nd weekend, you'll have a range of $50-54m over the weekend. We'll have to see how friday goes, of course, but at the moment I don't expect BvS to beat Deadpool in the end. 

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

We don't yet have a sense of whether BVS is a weekend movie or not. If it isn't, then yes, it's probably at something in the 350m range. If it is, then 370M or so may still be in the cards. Friday and Saturday jumps will tell the story.

Agree with both of you, and I have it the second weekend right now in the same lines Poseidon is thinking, my prediction is $52,8m. We'll have a better idea with the Friday and Saturday jumps, but due to late competition be tougher (Jungle Book, Huntsman,  Civil War, Apocalypse) than what Deadpool faced, it's bound to have shorter legs than that and fall behind Deadpool regardless. 

6 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Agree with both of you, and I have it the second weekend right now in the same lines Poseidon is thinking, my prediction is $52,8m. We'll have a better idea with the Friday and Saturday jumps, but due to late competition be tougher (Jungle Book, Huntsman,  Civil War, Apocalypse) than what Deadpool faced, it's bound to have shorter legs than that and fall behind Deadpool regardless. 

Your Friday and Saturday numbers look spot on. It is the Sunday drop that I doubt it happens. It is too harsh, IMO. I didn't do the math but what is that? A 45% drop?

Just now, CJohn said:

Your Friday and Saturday numbers look spot on. It is the Sunday drop that I doubt it happens. It is too harsh, IMO. I didn't do the math but what is that? A 45% drop?

I've based on F7, judging it keeps tracking below and adding bigger drops than F7 for it. F7 had 40%, so I think yeah I went with 45% for BvS on Sunday. 

BvS seems to be holding reasonably well domestically but I'm surprised by its international performance though.

Big spectacle movies like these tend to make a lot of money. 

If if it doesn't hit a billion, I will be very, very surprised especially after that large opening.

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I've based on F7, judging it keeps tracking below and adding bigger drops than F7 for it. F7 had 40%, so I think yeah I went with 45% for BvS on Sunday. 

Too harsh. It will drop 40% on Sunday, maybe a bit less, IMO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bladels said:

No, i mean doesn't movie usually drop on Thur? Why is this Thur different?

No big openers to compete with holdovers?

46 minutes ago, The Panda Knight said:

I get some of the haters are annoying but the people who righteously defend the movie at every corner and won't take any negativity torwards it (or admit its holds haven't been great) are just if not more annoying.

I agree

• Like 2

TFA is at $934m today and still going twice as strong as Jurassic World at the same time.  I know it comes out on digital today and Blu-Ray on Tuesday, but think it still might get to $940m with a good second theater run.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

CORRECTION, it isn't a 45% drop, but a 43% drop, while Fast 7 was 40%. Let's see. 

Closer to the 40% but still a bit too harsh. I am thinking 37-40% drop myself.