kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 7.74 M BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE | 3.20 M ZOOTOPIA | 1.63 M MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING II

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

TFA is at $934m today and still going twice as strong as Jurassic World at the same time.  I know it comes out on digital today and Blu-Ray on Tuesday, but think it still might get to $940m with a good second theater run.  

Where do you see Deadpool going? I really hope it has enough gas to top Passion of Christ, and I feel it might stretch up until that. 

11 minutes ago, bladels said:

No, i mean doesn't movie usually drop on Thur? Why is this Thur different?

Nope, unless theres a big Preview on thursday, it's quite common, movies jump up to 10%. 

Edited by Poseidon

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

We used to have fun when we made fun of movies before.  Even when there was a backlash against Twilight it was never this harsh, never this mean and it never felt like people were taking the success of failure of those films too seriously.  But there is a vocal minority here who have poisoned this site for about two weeks and it has to stop.  It's gone too far.  When you start making this an uncomfortable place to hang out at, then there will be changes.  You disruptive twits have no one to blame but yourselves.

Because people love these characters and people want this movie to gross $600M DOM & $1B OS, okay?

Hate is the child of Love

Edited by zackzack

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

Where do you see Deadpool going? I really hope it has enough gas to top Passion of Christ, and I feel it might stretch up until that. 

Funny enough, you best shot to get Deadpool over that mark is FOX pairing it in drive-ins with your most hated franchise: X-Men Apocalypse.

3 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

TFA is at $934m today and still going twice as strong as Jurassic World at the same time.  I know it comes out on digital today and Blu-Ray on Tuesday, but think it still might get to $940m with a good second theater run.  

Looks like The Revenant is also available today on digital.

9 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

BvS seems to be holding reasonably well domestically but I'm surprised by its international performance though.

Big spectacle movies like these tend to make a lot of money. 

If if it doesn't hit a billion, I will be very, very surprised especially after that large opening.

Too dark & mean-spirited, and people must be whispering to each other: "Jeez, enough with the drizzle already..."

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Funny enough, you best shot to get Deadpool over that mark is FOX pairing it in drive-ins with your most hated franchise: X-Men Apocalypse.

I'm not sure if that would happen due to the rating difference.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I imagine drive-ins are basically date movies. If anything, Apocalypse would benefit of Deadpool, and not the other way around. Thank god for the r rating though. :ohmygod:

5 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Or just re-expand it and push it over the $1 billion mark. Do it Disney! 

wREWulD.gif

:ph34r:

• Like 2

I don't think you can do a straight-up comparison with certain movies or all movies. Sometimes the comparison works for the most part they do not. Giving Batman versus Superman the same kind of increases and decreases that fast 7 had doesn't make any sense to me. It hasn't really been following its pattern at all this week. So in my opinion it will still hit 60 million for the weekend

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Too dark & mean-spirited, and people must be whispering to each other: "Jeez, enough with the drizzle already..."

I'm patiently waiting for the RT consensus to something that actually reflects the ratings. I get it why they haven't changed yet but it's going to be good. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Guardians was at $308m on Day 48 and got to $333m and change.  Deadpool is at $351m on Day 48, so if you factor in it will have slightly worse drops but still no real new competition in the next month, I would say it can get to $370m or so.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

GI JOE: RETALIATION dropped about 38% on its second Sunday (in early April). That seems around what BVS'll do.

I was using that movie at first, but BvS did worse than it. My prediction ended up too high. I then switched to MvS, but that took me in the other direction and I was predicting too low. When I get off work, I might run both numbers and split the difference. Might work out. 

11 minutes ago, Orestes said:

I'm not sure if that would happen due to the rating difference.

It can happen.

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I imagine drive-ins are basically date movies. If anything, Apocalypse would benefit of Deadpool, and not the other way around. Thank god for the r rating though. :ohmygod:

Either way those drive-ins only happen because of Apocalypse. And different ratings can exist in a drive-in. Look no further than Spectre/Grismby in early March drive-ins. Expect a big 1.5-2M Memorial weekend for Deadpool, IMO