WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

35 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm baffled at anyone even having doubts about that. 

I still want to see JL movie with the same casts though so where should I go from here? I don't trust him to do my character justice so I don't give a damn if he has to go but my dream of seeing JL on the big screen is on the line as well.

5 minutes ago, Rth said:

wishful thinking 

Wow.....Uh oh

Edit: Damn I posted the RIP bagpipes before he said it would be lower then 16 or 15.5. 

The meltdowns are coming.....the meltdowns are coming.

Edited by somebody85

2 minutes ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

I still want to see JL movie with the same casts though so where should I go from here? I don't trust him to do my character justice so I don't give a damn if he has to go but my dream of seeing JL on the big screen is on the line as well.

They might push it back but I doubt there will be any re-casting, especially with WW already filmed and WB seemingly hot for an Affleck Batman solo.  The other actors aren't exactly so high in demand that their schedules can't be reshuffled around any new WB plan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crossfire said:

besides Wrestlemania, is there any other important event that might affect the BO weekend? 

Final Four tomorrow and HUGE The Walking Dead Finale on Sunday Night. This is going to be rough.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

He was offered it. He didn't take it. He chose to work on wonder woman instead. All this was happening after he finished Serenity.

Joss Whedon mentioned it to wizard in 2007. It's on web archive here

https://web.archive.org/web/20070506141153/http://www.cinematical.com/2007/04/24/joss-whedon-talks-x-men-4-wonder-woman-woes-and-batman-heartach/

And can I just mention how it sucks how hard it is to find old news stories online. My memory is good so I knew I didn't make it up lol but it took me a few minutes to find a source to verify the info I already knew.

And on the subject of if Whedon would do JL. Well the day Firefly was canceled Joss pitched a Batman origin movie to WB and they shot it down.

After that and WW fiasco well.....

Maybe he can buy the rights to the Terminator films again. IIRC he was offering $10,000 or something. But that was before Termintor Genisys. Seems like a realistic offering now.

As for Dollhouse - i dont think he cared that much - it was more or less something he did as a favour for Eliza Dushku. I dont think his heart was in it like it was with Firefly which he really did get upset about.

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

Thing is, the media at large won't give a shit. This is what happens when you fetishize the OW, it becomes the only news worthy aspect of box office.

I dunno about that, after Saturday I'll be shocked to not see this drop trending on Facebook. All the major sites will definitely pick it up.

24 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Ike's gone and Feige's now in charge.  Hence Phase 3.   And it's not as if X-Men have been great in featuring female protagonists - quite the opposite considering all the powerful ones they've shoved off to the background or ignored.  

Of course there was pressure for the sequel to be bigger - there's always pressure for that and he no doubt put a lot on himself.  You think there wouldn't be pressure in taking over a possibly floundering WB slate?  It's easier to build on bedrock than marsh land and it's easier to work where you've already had great success and formed good working relationships.  You think he's going to find an exec working on SH movies who's better at his job than Feige?  Or a company that's going to give him more resources and opportunity than Disney?  Why go from the company that gave you every opportunity and where you found success to the ones that wasted your time and talent?

Because he greatly prefers the characters? The folks at Fox would be more likely to listen to Whedon post-TA. And the heads at WB now are different than the one he dealt with earlier. And they are also more likely to listen to him post-TA.

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

I dunno about that, after Saturday I'll be shocked to not see this drop trending on Facebook. All the major sites will definitely pick it up.

If it makes WB realize Snyder was a huge mistake, that'd be great. But still won't get nearly as much media traction as the WW OW.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They might push it back but I doubt there will be any re-casting, especially with WW already filmed and WB seemingly hot for an Affleck Batman solo.  The other actors aren't exactly so high in demand that their schedules can't be reshuffled around any new WB plan.

I hope they just push it back and find a right director without rebooting nor recasting. I don't need another origin story for Superman and Batman movie, I already know the name of their mother..lol.

• Like 3

Just now, Hatebox said:

If it makes WB realize Snyder was a huge mistake, that'd be great. But still won't get nearly as much traction as the WW OW.

Oh I agree with you on the first point but pretty much every negative media for this movie has gone viral. A drop that huge would be a big headline especially for a slow entertainment weekend. Sad Aflleck had 1,000 views when I saw it. They sure picked that up quick and it skyrocketed to 20 million.

If it really does fall this hard, I'll be so stunned not to see it reported on the front page of every major entertainment website. Because it didn't just only fall here, it fell everywhere. 86% in China!