WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

6 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Principle photography starts in 9 days. 'Wishful thinking.'

:sadben:

I completely see what you're saying but I dunno, I haven't seen anything like this since ASM2 and this is kind of worse because that didn't open as big (at least from what I remember WW wise).

The ironic thing is I always thought that "Doomsday" trailer (fitting name now!) looked like ASM2. Now the fall out could end up being the same with major rescheduling and cancelling of the universes movies (but of course not sold to Disney).

I guess we'll see in the coming days. Maybe it will pick back up tomorrow but I don't think so. The writings kind of on the wall.

I saw Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice yesterday afternoon, and the theater was pretty empty. I agree with the poster who stated that it is going to follow a similar trajectory as those Twilight movies. Taking into account college basketball and the quality of the movie, I am expecting its Saturday to experience a drop or be stagnant. 

6 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Negan and Lucille gonna get big ratings on Sunday

Yeah the ratings have been down (still was near a 6.0) last Sunday but this is a huge hyped up event. It is the same audience as this movie and they are very aware of it.

Edited by somebody85

Disney is going to pay off all the entertainment sites and tell them to run stories about BvS's catastrophic drops(especially in China). It's the final killing blow in their smear campaign against the movie.

raw

• Like 3

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

Disney is going to pay off all the entertainment sites and tell them to run stories about BvS's catastrophic drops(especially in China). It's the final killing blow in their smear campaign against the movie.

Hide contents

raw

I'm sure the huge defenders on IMDB will run with this narrative by the end of the weekend.....

But honestly there's more people there that dislike it now.

Edited by somebody85

Just now, somebody85 said:

I completely see what you're saying but I dunno, I haven't seen anything like this since ASM2 and this is kind of worse because that didn't open as big (at least from what I remember WW wise).

The ironic thing is I always thought that "Doomsday" trailer (fitting name now!) looked like ASM2. Now the fall out could end up being the same with major rescheduling and cancelling of the universes movies (but of course not sold to Disney).

I guess we'll see in the coming days. Maybe it will pick back up tomorrow but I don't think so. The writings kind of on the wall.

The DCCU won't get cancelled. Rethought and reshaped? Yes, and it's about damn fucking time. But cancelled? No. 

The DC universe has a lot more going for than "dark tone" and  "serious take on mythology" non sense. A Crisis on Infinite Earths would solve whatever fucking non sense Snyder screwed, all it takes is good planning. With the right people on board, the DCCU has a fighting chance. As it stands, the only way is down. It's useless to have two good films in Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman just to comeback to Snyder afterwards.

3 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

I saw Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice yesterday afternoon, and the theater was pretty empty. I agree with the poster who stated that it is going to follow a similar trajectory as those Twilight movies. Taking into account college basketball and the quality of the movie, I am expecting its Saturday to experience a drop or be stagnant. 

east coast or west or mountain?

Families have probbaly heard how dark the film is and the rest the bad reviews. 

While I thought yesturday that the 18.5 sounded suprisingly high I had to check what the source of this 15 was and had go back so many pages with a phone to page 24 whatever it was. The headline really needs to be updated.

11 minutes ago, Sam said:

Worldwide? I thought it's doing very well in South America? And in the key Asian countries it's not so hot (very bad actually) but isn't it doing relatively well in Europe?

It's having a similar big drop in the UK and maybe Germany and France to the US.  In Russia it cratered like in China, SK and HK.  It seems to be holding best in LA but I've only seen daily numbers from Mexico in the forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

The DCCU won't get cancelled. Rethought and reshaped? Yes, and it's about damn fucking time. But cancelled? No. 

The DC universe has a lot more going for than "dark tone" and  "serious take on mythology" non sense. A Crisis on Infinite Earths would solve whatever fucking non sense Snyder screwed, all it takes is good planning. With the right people on board, the DCCU has a fighting chance. As it stands, the only way is down. It's useless to have two good films in Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman just to comeback to Snyder afterwards.

Right, but as far as cancelled, I never meant the whole universe. I mean the solo movies like Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman could be delayed (maybe cancelled). Ben Afflecks Batman will continue and obviously so will Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. But the rest.....

2 minutes ago, Chinoiserie said:

Families have probbaly heard how dark the film is and the rest the bad reviews. 

While I thought yesturday that the 18.5 sounded suprisingly high I had to check what the source of this 15 was and had go back so many pages with a phone to page 24 whatever it was. The headline really needs to be updated.

From his last post, it could go lower but he didn't give an exact number. Just that 15.5 -  16m was wishful thinking.

4 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Don't worry too much about iJack. To him a movie is either the best or worst thing ever created in the history of cinema. :lol:

Of course. Let's blame it on me and disregard the poison the well mandate that the board has now. Am I beyond fucking pissed? Yes, because I hate to see this happening. What bothers me even more is see people sugar coating it. WB won't allow Justice League to happen with Snyder in the director chair, and if they follow with it without rethinking their strategy altogether they are equally screwed.

We are talking about the studio that fired Joel Schumacher here after B&R, and yet some diehards simply choose to ignore it and blame it on me. I'm pissed because I know these characters deserve better, and I'm astounded by WB's stupidity of keeping Snyder after MoS to begin with. Feel free to white knight this film and Snyder though, I'm dead sure WB will be singing a completely different tune coming the next days.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's having a similar big drop in the UK and maybe Germany and France to the US.  In Russia it cratered like in China, SK and HK.  It seems to be holding best in LA but I've only seen daily numbers from Mexico in the forum.

I see. Thanks. I have only been following the Asian countries threads and kinda skimned through others so I wasn't updated on them as well.

• Like 1