WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

1 hour ago, TimmyRiggins said:

"Think about these characters first", LOL, like Zack doesn't care about these characters, guess what? he does, even if you don't agree with his take on it. I love what Zack is doing, like many others, unfortunately, it seems the rest of the world is mixed on the matter,

I don't think Zack Snyder gets the Superman character or he gets the character and simply hates almost everything about the Superman character. Either way, I am convinced that Snyder doesn't care for Superman, which is why he is trying to so hard to change Superman in his movies.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

It's not about dark and broody vs light and fun. It's about good movies vs bad ones. I don't think BvS is terrible, but there are some super cringe worthy stuff in it (not even taking the most common complaints into account).

I was sure someone was going to say that, but you cannot say for a fact that BvS is a bad movie. Because opinions are not facts, that's just it. 

If you hate the film, you will not accept our explanations as to why it's a risky film, but all I can say is that it does not follow the template of a superhero film and that works against it in major ways. Deadpool is Deadpool, it struck a chord with the audience, for some reason, thank the marketing, thank Ryan, it's its own thing, an anomaly. 

About JL, stop dreaming, it's shooting on April 11th, it's not being delayed, it's being repeated over and over again, Terrio said the film (and I can't say this enough) would be much lighter, I'm sure WB saw this coming in one way or another and already made adjustements behind the scenes, hell, they probably should have released the ultimate cut considering it tested positively. 

DC is just different and I think will never be embraced as much as Marvel is, but that's okay, as long as it makes dough. 900 million WW would still be a success, it should have made more, bla bla,  yeah, with better reviews and without all that negative publicity and mixed WOM. WB is on a learning curve.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Mostly agree, but push back JL to 2018. They are too late in the game to anything super drastic, best thing they can do is build the good-will back up. Plus do they really want have their crown jewel opening a month before SW VIII?

Use March 2019 to release another individual movie. I am thinking on moving JL to the Summer. I was thinking November 2017 for Wonder Woman, 2018 for Batman, Flash and Aquaman. March 2019 for Suicide Squad 2 and finally Summer 2019 for Justice League. 

Don't delete BvS and Man of Steel from history. There is no need for that.

• Like 2

Just now, The Stingray said:

I hope this box office fiasco isn't attributed to the movie being "dark", but rather its apparent shittiness.

TDK Triology was "dark" and did just fine at the box office. It's not the "darkness," of the film but rather the quality of the film that's been its demise. 

1 minute ago, The Stingray said:

I hope this box office fiasco isn't attributed to the movie being "dark", but rather its apparent shittiness.

Oh, you know what studios are gonna take out of this is exactly that.

1 minute ago, Mr Terrific said:

Complete and utter wishful thinking... Alan Moore comes into the DCEU and does to it what he did to Swamp Thing and Marvelman/Miracleman.

So what if he doesn't make movies. 

After what they did to From Hell, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and V for Vendetta*, the only movie Alan Moore would ever make for WB is one of him repeatedly shitting on their logo.

*FYI, I like the V for Vendetta movie, but it massively sterilized the politics in the original graphic novel, so I understand why Alan hates it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Oh, you know what studios are gonna take out of this is exactly that.

Yeah, I know. Aren't they doing reshoots on Suicide Squad to make it more jokey, because they're afraid it might be too dark and serious?

• Like 2