WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

& other people without work right now will have jobs doing something else. That's business.

I agree with both of you.  

But either way, WB will do what they think looks the most profitable.  If they think the increase in revenue they get from a new creative team will cover the lost costs from delaying the project, than they will and have every right to do so.

If you go into the film/entertainment industry you kind of need to go in expecting and preparing for things like this because they happen all of the time, job stability is hard to come by in the field.  And we don't go around saying, "What about the lost jobs?" for every movie that gets last minute changes in creative teams.  So it seems a little weird that only comes up now.  

Things fail all of the time and that often hurts the worker much more than the person actually responsible.  It's a sad truth.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

We're not rooting for people to get fired, we're rooting for change. If they found themselves on this mega project I'm sure they'll find other films, they won't go hungry.

You are, though. Which is fine, root for whatever you want.

In terms of the second part of your post, maybe. And in the long term, probably (though nothing is certain). But shit, man, it's still an ugly thing to root for.

Sucks to be them! They should've picked a better project to work on, huh?

• Like 5

Just now, Chewy said:

People supporting movie franchises like sports teams is actually a pretty concise summary of everything that's wrong with fandom atm

exactly especially since they are not even remotely comparable to each other

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

I'm a Bears fan, so I shouldn't root for Aaron Rodgers to get sacked because he may get hurt and not being able to provide for his family?

No, you shouldn't root for that because it would make Olivia Munn & @MrPink sad. 

• Like 1

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Rival sports teams generally don't fire lower level employees due to bad performance? As for political candidates, well I think the stakes are a little higher there than entertainment.

The lowest level employee is always the most expendable is the general point. It's not any different in sports, business or the arts, doesn't mean rooting against success is somehow immoral. You may not personally like when others do that in whatever circumstance & that's your right.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Dude listen to what you guys are actually arguing. I guess rooting against rival sports teams or political candidates because some lower level employees may lose jobs in their failures is a terrible thing? 

People are rooting against movies in every single movie thread.. but now it suddenly matters cause people might get fired? lol

i understand the mods/admins, they prob have full inboxes with ppl bitching and complaining.. but this is ridiculous..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

But won't a new project create jobs for other people who may be out of jobs?

Sure, maybe. Doesn't really help the others, though.

The cold-heartedness of it just hits me, that's all. Maybe because it hits a little close to home.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

I'm a Bears fan, so I shouldn't root for Aaron Rodgers to get sacked because he may get hurt and not being able to provide for his family?

No, but this is a little closer to cheering when the dude on the other team gets hurt because your team has a better chance to win.

I get the whole rooting concept. I'm just pointing out these aren't just blocks getting moved around on a board.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

You are, though. Which is fine, root for whatever you want.

In terms of the second part of your post, maybe. And in the long term, probably (though nothing is certain). But shit, man, it's still an ugly thing to root for.

Sucks to be them! They should've picked a better project to work on, huh?

No it's not that at all. It's a domino effect that happens in business all the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #ED said:

Everyone chill, awful 2nd weekend drop. Get over it. It's Wrestlemania weekend.

Is that still a thing?

I thought everyone, over the age of 12, got bored of wrestling when it became a soap opera.

I also do think it's weird that the boards are getting policed so heavily. At the end of the day people should not be so emotionally invested in a movie. There is a lot of movies I like that others don't. Big deal.

BvS was a total mess, in my opinion. I am not shocked by the drop off. If you enjoyed it, that's great for you. But none of us financed it nor will we make any money from its success...so stop taking things so personally.

Edited by theultimatebiu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

No, but this is a little closer to cheering when the dude on the other team gets hurt because your team has a better chance to win.

I get the whole rooting concept. I'm just pointing out these aren't just blocks getting moved around on a board.

I'd say it's more along the lines of rooting for someone to get cut from the team because they cost your team a win. No physical harm is being done here so the injury thing, I think, is a little extreme because you're talking about a person's life outside the sport. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Having said that, really the only chance to win is if Rodgers isn't on the field. Otherwise theyou are toast. :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theultimatebiu said:

Is that still a thing?

I thought everyone, over the age of 12, got bored of wrestling when it became a soap opera.

I also do think it's weird that the boards are getting policed so heavily. At the ed of the day people should not be so emotionally invested in a movie. There is a lot of movies I like that others don't. Big deal.

BvS was a total mess, in my opinion. I am not shocked by the drop off. If you enjoyed it, that's great for you. But none of us financed it nor will we make any money from its success...so stop taking things so personally.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Focus said:

Think about film crew working on Allegiant. :ph34r:

Bringing up Allegiant is funny.

When people bash a film nobody cares about, nobody bats an eye.  But bash BvS and everyone loses their minds!

Seriously though, I don't think there's a problem with people posting positive or negative things about BvS, or even poking some fun about it.  The only problem is when people get vitrolic and start insulting others about it.  You can have and discuss your negative/positive opinions, have fun with it, and not start hating on people.

We do the same thing with every other movie, BvS has just put this behavior under a much more heated microscope.

• Like 2