WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

Who directed Spiderman (2002)? Get that person.

My rankings of best cbm's of all time...

1. The Dark Knight

2. Batman v Superman

3. Spiderman (2002)

Then all the rest tied for last place.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, #ED said:

Well I'm glad the thread is better. Not.

If anything, the only thing I will remember from BvS is how horrible the forum was during its run. We're only 1 week in. 

We should just shut the whole place down. Had a good run while it lasted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MARTHA!!!!!!!!! said:

it's not quite the same as it would be if it got dropped / delayed at the last minute. Think of crew members as contractors. If they lose their contract at the last minute then they are going unemployed briefly, and have no income, as it may take a while to arrange each job.

What Magic is saying is that if JL isn't well received either, then you're not going to know until JL actually comes out so if you're going to make changes after JL comes out, you're putting the people who are working JL2 in the same boat as those who are in JL. At some point in time you have to make a decision of whether you're going to stick with something or keep on rolling, however, if you keep on rolling with something that hasn't been well received there are always going to be consequences down the line. You're not avoiding it. You can run but you can't hide. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Sorry people, firing Snyder is not the magic bullet you think it is.

The negativity about JL would decrease instantly ant that's something...

Edited by efialtes76

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

People don't care about directors.

We ve been through this.

They know Spielberg, Cameron, Bay, Jackson, JJ, Tarantino,GODLAN, Scorcese and the Marvel logo and that s pretty much it.

Edit

LOL :lol:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think we deeply underestimated general audiences. We always assume the general audience to be a mindless mob who don't care for reviews or don't know what imdb is. 

An audience for this film is far less casual audience then for TF or JW films overall .

Audiences for comic book movies are more likely to be more knowledgeable of things like a rotten tomato score or who Zack Synder is and Internet negativity around the film.

Meaning...the fact this was a comic book movie is likely way it suffered such a harsh 2nd weekend drop then if it was let's say a Jurassic world sequel.

The GA pretty much ignored the critics during OW. Then this week people coworkers, classmates and friends probably completely trashed the movie resulting in toxic WOM by Friday.

So the short term solution is, let Snyder make JL1 and some of us, me included, will totally skip it and watch something else.

In the long term, hope USA gets Bernie Sanders who can get some better polices to pass and can make sure that the upper management or state in case of free-lancers has to take care of those who suddenly become unemployed like this.

Edited by a2knet

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, SWXII said:

1. The Dark Knight

2. Batman v Superman

3. Spiderman (2002)

Sam Raimi? Well he really isn't doing much these days...

2 minutes ago, SWXII said:

1. The Dark Knight

2. Batman v Superman

3. Spiderman (2002)

You're unaware of Sam Raimi? :WHATanabe:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Fair points, but let's be honest, studios aren't really in the business of making small, risky movies these days. :lol: They'll let the indies do them and then buy them.

True.  Smaller and riskier to the majors now means a $50m Liam Neeson movie where he kicks ass. :lol:

• Like 1

If BVS ends with 700 million after Sunday, I still believe it can make 1 billion.

I mean, it has had huge drops, but it won't stop making money next weekend. So, we'll have to see in the long haul. It'll be long, but it'll get there.

Snyder won't be fired. If JL starts filming in the next 10 days or so, no way WB will fire the director. Isn't there already a screenplay ( made by Terrio ), sets and so on? How can WB delay and change everything now? They can't and they'll lose money if they do that.

Bring a co-director to help Snyder. Bring a writer to polish Terrio's script. His BVS was weak, but people say it was actually Goyer's. So at worst, Terrio tried to polish a turd, I guess.

That's it. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

I completely understand the argument about collateral damage, and that seems fair.  I guess the counterargument would be that a Justice League film that is delayed for a while and, as a result, is well-received critically and does even better financially, would mean that the DCEU takes off, adding more giant films to their slate and thus creating more stable jobs in the future.

The DCEU's success or failure has little to no impact on WB (or any other studio) making more giant tentpoles in the future.

I understand why (there's no particular need for anyone to know this sort of crap unless you have to), but there's a huge disconnect here in terms of understanding how basic crew members get work (or don't).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MARTHA!!!!!!!!! said:

it's not quite the same as it would be if it got dropped / delayed at the last minute. Think of crew members as contractors. If they lose their contract at the last minute then they are going unemployed briefly, and have no income, as it may take a while to arrange each job.

That's assuming they wouldn't have the next film lined up to shoot straight after JL1, which they probably would. Back to square one. 

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

People don't care about directors.

We ve been through this.

They know Spielberg, Cameron, Bay, Jackson, JJ, Tarantino,GODLAN, Scorcese and the Marvel logo and that s pretty much it.

Edit

Lol, I don't think the general audiences really cares about directors in general. 

• Like 1