WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

5 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

A little better but IDK, I think since the first God's Not Dead, other Christian movies came along that were slightly less hamfisted, slightly better acted or had slightly bigger budgets...GND wasn't the only game in town anymore and lost some of its shine.

Yes I agree. Personally I liked the ones from Sony (Heaven is for Real and Miracles from Heaven), better production vales and got a good cast

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SWXII said:

I used to find  Christian music amateurish 25 years go. And it largely was. Can't say that now. Same will happen with movies hopefully. People that don't like such things can choose other options.

Free country and all.

OK, now I really must go. Good night.

Thank you for being a decent person.

I was once a member of a site called RateYourMusic and there was one guy who gave 0.5/5 to every Christian release. Whenever he was confronted about it he always claimed it was because "Christian music is soulless."

Nope, it's actually because he was a New Atheist who worshipped the anti-theist views of Bill Maher and Richard Dawkins.

• Like 1

Just now, department store basement said:

Has anyone on here watched Richard Dawkins and Laurence Krauss's documentary "The Unbelievers"? Is it more or less preachy than the average Christian movie?

Horrible, hateful movie. That shit made me feel ashamed to be an atheist. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

It does suck that the DC TV shows can't crossover because Grant Gustin has been perfect as Barry/The Flash. Nothing against Ezra Miller, himself a very talented actor (anyone who follows their breakthrough as a character as creepy as the eponymous one of We Need to Talk About Kevin with the completely charming, not even remotely threatening one he played in The Perks of Being a Wallflower is impressively versatile), but Gustin is so ideal for the role that anyone else is going to be unable to avoid the comparison.

I agree. Grant Gustin has this undeniable charisma and has easy rapport with his cast, I really enjoyed the Supergirl crossover. He and Melissa Benoist is just a delight to watch together

15 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Dat damn dastardly Disney doing damage (to) DC

PROOF: A post from the IMDB about Disney now targeting the audience

I was walking into the theater last night to purchase my BVS ticket, when I was jumped by this little guy with big ears and a squeaky voice.

I woke up 2 hours later behind the theater in a brand new spiderman shirt. My wallet was gone, and in its place was a 15% off coupon for Thor: The Dark World on bluray....

• Like 5

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

Son of God came out a month before God's Not Dead.

That's a Universal movie, not Disney.

I put Son of God in a different category than God's Not Dead--they both appeal to Christian audiences, but you have the movies set in Biblical times and the ones in the present. I was comparing God's Not Dead to Heaven Is For Real, War Room, Miracles from Heaven...they came later, the reviews are better (not great but not 14-15 percent on RT bad). If you want a "modern" Christian movie you have options...maybe a better release date would have helped for GND2 but they needed to dial it back several notches. Even the "War on Christmas" people saw that trailer and thought, "Yeah that's a bit much."

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

Where are these Saturday numbers? It's either doing really bad or really good and no one wants to break the news. 

Saturday numbers usually come in late

• Like 1