WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

9 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Sam Raimi makes sense as a hypothetical Snyder replacement until you remember his last CBM was Spidey 3. Puuuuke.

They need someone who can advise on the film. Unfortunately Lasseter is under contract. 

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Do we really need more of this?

How about more of this?

Spider-Man 3 wasn't good essentially, not entirely but at least partly, because of Raimi and the studio's fight over Venom, who Raimi didn't want in the film but Sony forced him to shoehorn it in anyway. He's still the guy that directed the 1st two movies - Spider-Man 2 being a top 10 CBM ever btw, and he's still the guy that directed the Evil Dead trilogy. He's a renouned CB geek too. He's Sam fucking Raimi, and if he were to direct JLA, I'd be pumped the shit up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Do we really need more of this?

that's the best part of the movie btw. Well, Franco's the best. That's second

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

My dream scenario:

JL production delayed 2 months with Paul Dini producing and Brad Bird directing.

Brad Bird? No. Just no. Please no. Nope. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Spoiler

TOMORROWLAND

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

That's not going to happen DOM, dunno about WW.

It has a better chance DOM than WW at this point tbh :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Deadline predicts 675 million as BVS final overseas grosses.

So, if BVS manages to make at least 325 million domestic, I think it has a chance of making 1 billion in the long haul...

I'm optimistic, but how in the hell can it still do 675 million overseas? 

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, if BVS manages to make at least 325 million domestic, I think it has a chance of making 1 billion in the long haul...

675 is quite impossible.

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

That was before this weekend happened. It's at $363M right now INT. It's not making another $310M. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I'm optimistic, but how in the hell can it still do 675 million overseas? 

It can't.  $1 billion is dead.  It is locked for over $800 million and under $1 billion.  It should top $900 million but that isn't even locked at this point.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

I'm guessing it's not really something you would know unless you were working on films or know people who are.  Are you saying that even if the worst happens, and WB cancels the entire slate of DCEU films tomorrow, there will be just as many jobs for crew on future films regardless, but that delaying JL two weeks before shooting means many of those crewmembers will by necessity be out of work for a while?

So the situation we're put in as fans is, root for people to be out of work in the short term so that we potentially get a film we like better in the long term.  

I guess the only solace there is that our wishes, ugly or not, don't have any bearing on that outcome.  Snyder and everyone else making the creative decisions bear the burden and responsibility for the fallout of their choices, not those of us commenting from the peanut gallery, who are in the end rooting to get films we like.

Basically, yes. As a freelancer, you can generally line up work down the road if you have time. And, from the other end, as projects start to crew up they reach out to people. As a rough example, let's say you're a freelance web designer. A client lines you up for a project. It's gonna start in four months. You're locked in. You also get a few feelers for other gigs around the same time period but you have to pass because because you know you'll be fully committed to the other project and you won't have any time free. A month later (three months before you would've started), the client calls and says they're really sorry, but they're cancelling the project and moving in another direction. It sucks, but you wouldn't have started working on it for another few months anyway and you have time to put out feelers to other companies to line up work to replace the lost gig. But if they call you up a week before and cancel, it's rough, because not only did you lose out on that project, all the other projects you were in the running for have moved on to other people. So yes, you will probably be able to get more gigs down the road because you're a professional and you have contacts and so forth, but it'll take weeks (or months) to line up those new jobs and in the meantime you have no income.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I'm optimistic, but how in the hell can it still do 675 million overseas

3 minutes ago, Emirazza said:

675 is quite impossible.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

That was before this weekend happened. It's at $363M right now INT. It's not making another $310M. 

It will be at ~410m OS after this weekend of ~65m (using 65m cause it had a 19.2m Friday).

How much more can it add? 65*2 = 130m more OS imo.

410 + 130 = 540m OS. At most 560m.

340-350m Dom + 540-560m OS = 880-910m WW.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You don't like him? I know Tomorrowland wasn't perfect (I still enjoyed it), but I thought everything else he's done was great.

The last 20 minutes are unbelievable. People have to see them to believe it is actually a real thing that exists... in a movie with a 190M budget!

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

Rival sports teams generally don't fire lower level employees due to bad performance? As for political candidates, well I think the stakes are a little higher there than entertainment.

The Yankees under George Steinbrenner did. That didn't stop a large percentage of the country from rooting against them every year.

In this case, people are asking for JL to be a better made movie. A better director is needed for JL. Warner Bros can keep Snyder and get more of the same or they can find a better director. However, if JL is of the same quality as BvS, then WB's dream of a DCU will be over with for at least the immediate future. WB has a lot riding on a massively successful JL movie.

Edited by Walt Disney