kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

These are WW's writers according to comingsoon.net: Michael Goldenberg, Jason Fuchs

Goldenberg:

Contact

Peter Pan

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Green Lantern Yikes! lol

Fuchs:

Ice Age: Continental Drift

Pan

Edited by kayumanggi

23 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Well I guess that's the reason SUPERMAN RETURNS crawled to 200 M. lol The GA might have expected Tom Welling as Supes.

That was a time before the current fever of cinematic universes. Nowadays nobody would expect Jessica Jones to be played by anyone else than Krysten Ritter, for example.

Just now, The47th said:

That was a time before the current fever of cinematic universes. Nowadays nobody would expect Jessica Jones to be played by anyone else than Krysten Ritter, for example.

I don't watch that show and I really don't see any issue if the character is to be played by a different actor. That's just me, though.

31 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I don't think 1 B will be a guarantee even if they release the 3-hour cut in theaters.

If a 3-hour cut is going to net BvS an extra $100-130m WW (based on where I believe BvS will end up) WB would not only need to put it in plenty of theaters but also spend on a second marketing campaign for it. Would it really be worth it in the end even if it did bring it to $1b?

By the way, as you all know, BVS now holds the March opening record.

However, the record for the biggest March release will still belong to THE HUNGER GAMES.

If BVS continues these drops, it might not beat ALICE IN WONDERLAND (334.2 M) for the second spot.

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

If a 3-hour cut is going to net BvS an extra $100-130m WW (based on where I believe BvS will end up) WB would not only need to put it in plenty of theaters but also spend on a second marketing campaign for it. Would it really be worth it in the end even if it did bring it to $1b?

If they release that R-rated cut it's gonna be some limited North America-only release. Just like Watchmen.

Deadline: "Remember, our sources calculated that in order for BvS to turn a minimum profit in the theatrical window, it would need to do about $925M in global ticket sales."

However BvS is on the way to finish with 850-880M WW. Guess Warners won't be happy.

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I don't watch that show and I really don't see any issue if the character is to be played by a different actor. That's just me, though.

Considering they're the same world I think it would be an issue if she was a different actor. It's not like using Ezra Miller instead of Grant Gustin. 

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

By the way, as you all know, BVS now holds the March opening record.

However, the record for the biggest March release will still belong to THE HUNGER GAMES.

If BVS continues these drops, it might not beat ALICE IN WONDERLAND (334.2 M) for the second spot.

this is the most hilarious thing i've heard all day, alice in wonderland grossing more DOM than Batman vs Superman

4 hours ago, SWXII said:

Especially considering the unjustified attacks on it. Could have tanked after the first week. I think this is what sadflek thought was happening.

If this was a chess game, one side got overly aggressive trying to take out the king. They failed. Now they are panicking.

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

I know the studio cares a lot but I really don't. I just want to see it. lol

I get your point, though. We are not even sure if it will indeed earn the amount they want.

Hummm, Ezra has done many dramatic roles but he also has done much lighter ones and he's a complete goof, just watch that itw of him with Josh Horowitz about The Flash, he's completely high and it's amazing, he's going to kill it, he's hilarious and so special.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bapi said:

Deadline: "Remember, our sources calculated that in order for BvS to turn a minimum profit in the theatrical window, it would need to do about $925M in global ticket sales."

However BvS is on the way to finish with 850-880M WW. Guess Warners won't be happy.

:jeb!::sadben:

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Hummm, Ezra has done many dramatic roles but he also has done much lighter ones and he's a complete goof, just watch that itw of him with Josh Horowitz about The Flash, he's completely high and it's amazing, he's going to kill it, he's hilarious and so special.

I think among all JL characters, his movie should have the 'lightest' tone. He is like Deadpool or Spidey to me.

35 minutes ago, jedieb said:

I don't believe we're going to be seeing an extended cut in theaters. We'll see it when the bluray comes out. It just reeks of desperation. I can't believe WB is seriously contemplating this. The only reason we're even discussing it is because BvS is dropping like a rock.

Is there even a precedent for this? Can anyone think of a major release that saw an extended cut released WEEKS later?

I think 28 days later was re-released while still playing with some sort of different cut? I don't remember what, maybe the ending or something?

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

I think among all JL characters, his movie should have the 'lightest' tone. He is like Deadpool or Spidey to me.

His movie will be directed by a novelist. For some reason. LOL

8 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Considering they're the same world I think it would be an issue if she was a different actor. It's not like using Ezra Miller instead of Grant Gustin. 

Yup, the decision to keep the TV and the movie universe separate was a conscious one and one that I believe really benefited the TV shows as they can do whatever they want with the material without needing to take cues from a place that isn't necessarily thinking of what's best for them. That's a reason The Flash is one of the hottest things on TV right now. At least DC fans can take heart in that much.

Edited by Arlborn
typos