kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

There really isn't much negative buzz beyond the dudebros who were against the movie ever since it was announced that they were making it a female version from the start.

I completely agree that a lot of the internet negativity has to do with sexism and I find that annoying as hell but to be honest the trailer just wasn't very funny.

• Like 5

Just now, Arlborn said:

I completely agree that a lot of the internet negativity has to do with sexism and I find that annoying as hell but to be honest the trailer just wasn't very funny.

I won't agree or disagree (FWIW the trailers have gotten a lot of laughs the 3 times I've seen them before movies, especially Leslie Jones' "I don't if this is a race thing or a female thing, but I'm mad as hell!" bit) but yeah the other stuff unfortunately has taken up a lot of space.

Predictions for next weekend:

The Jungle Book: 70M
Barbershop: 18M

The Boss: 14.1M

Zootopia: 9.5M

Batman v Superman: 8.5M

Criminal: 6M

Big Fat Greek Wedding: 4M

Miracles From Heaven: 3.1M

Hardcore Henry: 2.3M

God's Not Dead: 2M

Cloverfield: 1.9M

Allegiant: 1.8M

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

Zootopia has actually underperformed here in the UK, It's at $18M after 3 weeks, despite Easter holidays.

Last years animated films in the UK:
Inside Out     $60,000,000
Minions        $73,000,000
Home        $40,000,000
Big Hero 6    $32,000,000
Hotel T 2    $30,000,000

Scott Mendelson at Forbes can't write for shit. Why did Forbes hire a total idiot to do their box office analysis? 

Anyway it's nice to see Eye in the Sky proving that an adult movie with an adult cast can survive in today's marketplace. 

tumblr_n0fwg5FxkX1tprar7o2_250.gif

Edited by La Binoche

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Zootopia has actually underperformed here in the UK, It's at $18M after 3 weeks, despite Easter holidays.

Last years animated films in the UK:
Inside Out     $60,000,000
Minions        $73,000,000
Home        $40,000,000
Big Hero 6    $32,000,000
Hotel T 2    $30,000,000

China is the game changer here. ZOOTOPIA has definitely benefited a lot from the Chinese auds.

39 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The success of The Boss really makes me wonder how Ghostbusters is going to do. I'm only expecting 90-115M right now but almost all of McCarthy's regular crowd will show up, it has a brand name, and it's generated so much controversy people will be curious.

Mccarthy's  movies have made on average 110m since 2011, so 90-115 is a good guess. Ghostbusters will probably be her biggest opening since The Heat. That movie made 159m, which should be the target for Ghostbusters depending on WOM. 

40 more for BvS? You're shitting me. :lol: See what happens next weekend with Jungle Book. Also keep in mind, actuals aren't out yet. Its still morning-midday in US.

Edited by Emirazza

7 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Mccarthy's  movies have made on average 110m since 2011, so 90-115 is a good guess. Ghostbusters will probably be her biggest opening since The Heat. That movie made 159m, which should be the target for Ghostbusters depending on WOM. 

That film had a very well received trailer.

Ghostbusters (2016) could very well do $50m total in the US. 

I'll be supporting it to do well. Hope the rumoured budget isn't true though.