kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

Al Lettieri is my very favourite random 1970s scumbag character actor. his subplot in The Getaway is the most hateful thing i've ever seen in a major picture. ahaha when he finds that dude hung himself in his bathroom and he just sits on the toilet and takes a dump right next to him.

9 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Michael Shannon is a national fucking treasure. He's like a classic 70's weirdo character actor.. but in today's Hollywood. 

Dude OWNED in 99 Homes btw

He was hammy as hell in MOS.

But I generally like him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Boring answer I know but John Cazale is a GOAT character actor.

Like in Dog Day Afternoon where you wonder "what the fuck is his deal?" through the whole movie

Absolutely. GOAT!

5 movies to his credit.

Edited by ecstasy
  • Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

right now character actor wise i like bruce greenwood a lot. you know i never know that he's gonna be in a movie or show or whatever before i see it and when he shows up i'm all "oh fuck yeah"

I'm always pleased to see Michael Stuhlbarg and Shea Whigham in things. I'm sure there's more I could name but they're literally "hey, it's that guy. I like that guy" actors

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

right now character actor wise i like bruce greenwood a lot. you know i never know that he's gonna be in a movie or show or whatever before i see it and when he shows up i'm all "oh fuck yeah"

Greenwood is always good for a solid authority figure performance.

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Greenwood is always good for a solid authority figure performance.

He pops up in anything. Random sighting. He's been working these bit parts forever.

Speaking of the 70's, any seventies movie that takes place in a big city is absolutely RIVETING to me. Those movies have such a grimy, almost documentary feel to them. Like Taxi Driver, the whole city looks absolutely disgusting and real in a way you don't see in mainstream films anymore. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Jack Nevada said:

Speaking of the 70's, any seventies movie that takes place in a big city is absolutely RIVETING to me. Those movies have such a grimy, almost documentary feel to them. Like Taxi Driver, the whole city looks absolutely disgusting and real in a way you don't see in mainstream films anymore. 

that's the reason the first rocky is one of my favourite movies i love the way it combines that gross new hollywood look with breezy classical hollywood-ness.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

The Warriors!

Looks a bit goofy (characters) but the subway stuff is great.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

that's the reason the first rocky is one of my favourite movies i love the way it combines that gross new hollywood look with breezy classical hollywood-ness.

And I love how you immediately get a sense of the environment and how Rocky fits in it. And with small things too, like him stopping to chat with the dudes singing by the corner and the way he moves from place to place. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

I'm always pleased to see Michael Stuhlbarg and Shea Whigham in things.

Have you seen Cop Car?

And even if you have, have other folks reading this post? It was a nice movie, different enough, and it didn't drag on too long.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kitik said:

Have you seen Cop Car?

And even if you have, have other folks reading this post? It was a nice movie, different enough, and it didn't drag on too long.

Yeah, good movie. It does it's thing and gets out. Solid meat-and-potatoes stuff. 

And Kevin Bacon cracked me up in that movie. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

To be fair, cities used to a lot dirtier. The NYC subway is immaculate today compared to the 70s/80s, when it was covered in graffiti.

29b28d2f17f7fe9840fdd85bb24865d3.jpg

I mean, look at that. But that 70s grainy film look combined with the real-life grittiness is amazing.

• Like 1