kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i'm not big on cop car  overall but kevin bacon's performance in it is mega. i loved his "i have to do all this cocaine so no one finds it" scene.

I was dying all the times he was in full rage mode but had to put on that folksy voice for the police radio

Variety BOSS/BVS 23M (I know, kinda useless :))

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and Melissa McCarthy’s “The Boss” are locked in a battle for U.S. box office supremacy, with each heading for $23 million this weekend, early estimates showed Friday.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/batman-v-superman-box-office-melissa-mccarthy-boss-1201749288/

Edited by a2knet

One of the most expensive movies ever made,Batman v Superman looks set to make Warner Bros. a $278 million profit once they take account of everything from home video sales to TV and merchandise. That's less than Man of Steel's projected $300 million, and to be as successful as Marvel's movies - which tend to generate a profit of roughly 44% - Batman v Superman would need to gross $1.15 billion. That just goes to show that the movie is far from a flop, though analysts believe the studio are probably still disappointed. 

• Like 2

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I just saw Bernie Sanders say that the plot of Batman v Superman makes no sense.:sadben:

He's on #TeamMarvel.

Wait...BKB is on #TeamMarvel.

Oh god..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

One of the most expensive movies ever made,Batman v Superman looks set to make Warner Bros. a $278 million profit once they take account of everything from home video sales to TV and merchandise. That's less than Man of Steel's projected $300 million, and to be as successful as Marvel's movies - which tend to generate a profit of roughly 44% - Batman v Superman would need to gross $1.15 billion. That just goes to show that the movie is far from a flop, though analysts believe the studio are probably still disappointed. 

Crazy that an $800m + movie can't make a profit in the theater.  That makes no sense to me. Link to full article.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-08/-batman-v-superman-seen-earning-less-profit-than-superman-alone

Edited by ecstasy

8 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Looks like BvS is going to be less profitable than MoS, Warner cannot be happy.

What so many of you seem to overlook is that this is just the beginning. This was to launch their DC world. The profit is just part of the equation.

Well Baumer liking The Boss gives me hope lol. I'm gonna see it because I'll see anything Melissa does and I need a goofy comedy right now (the Kristen Bell stuff in the preview actually made me laugh. "It's like Geppetto back here!" Lol).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

What so many of you seem to overlook is that this is just the beginning. This was to launch their DC world. The profit is just part of the equation.

We're fully aware, but to make less than MoS? Come on!

• Like 2