kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

How do you predict its North American total?

I see it opening in the 150's for now.

That would with even Ultron legs it 360 domestic. 

However the trajectory is trending upwards for now. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

22 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I predict pretty conservatively and I am quite confident in Civil War doing a billion WW. 

How is this even in question?

400 m DOM

200 m China

You guys think an unofficial Avengers movie will have a hard time making 400 m OS minus China?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Yes. Ultron, IMO, cost the Avengers characters some shine. 

I think people overestimate any dislike from the GA with that movie. Yeah, they weren't over the moon about it like they were with the first movie, but that doesn't mean the overall reaction was bad. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I think people overestimate any dislike from the GA with that movie. Yeah, they weren't over the moon about it like they were with the first movie, but that doesn't mean the overall reaction was bad. 

Yep, totally, the idea that Ultron killed any kind of goodwill for the MCU is laughable at best.

I blame the binary way of thinking of the Internetz were the mere idea of nuance is killed with bad logic.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

As a big fan of the Marvel universe that Disney has put together I hope you are correct. But I think that Ultron did more damage than people think. IMO a lot of those positive ratings were a halo effect from the first Avengers film and later films like TWS and IM3, all of which were well-received. People, even critics, said they liked Ultron more than they did because they expected to like it, and then felt like they had to say they liked it because the thought everyone else would too, a social desirability bias.

I do fear that Ultron has damaged the Marvel/Disney brand somewhat with respect to the core characters that appeared in it and I fear that will be reflected in this new CA film grosses. We shall see. 

36 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Domestically, BVS might still end up a  little ahead of Zootopia,but world wide it's no contest. And Zootopia still has to open in Japan...a huge,huge,market for Animated films.

I think it's hilarious that Zootopia grossed way over twice as much as BVS in China.

4 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Ultron was passible people moved on no one cares, MCU is as strong as ever. 

I agree with this. Ultron got a mixed/good reaction but it didn't hurt the Marvel brand. Doing 460M is not hurting a brand folks. It was impossible to do 600M again lol.

• Like 5

Demolition bombing is a shame because I root for Jake Gyllenhaal, Naomi Watts and Jean-Marc Vallee but they asked for it. That Black List script was always BAD. Artificial, try-hard and faux-deep.  

Hopefully Gyllenhaal gets it together. End of Watch and Nightcrawler are two of the best movies of the decade so far. Prisoners and Source Code are good too. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Ultron was passible people moved on no one cares, MCU is as strong as ever. 

Agreed. Marvel have built so much goodwill that they can pretty easily comeback from a relative disappointment. Would be pretty funny if CW matches Ultron DOM. Very possible IMO.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1