CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Just now, grim22 said:

When did this whole "Cars in the parking lot" thing start? It is probably the most funny way to judge the rush for a movie for sure though :P 

It was during TFA, I forget what poster said it but it was hilarious.

9 minutes ago, Talkie said:

An OW of $180M+ for a Captain America movie would be the very definition of "over-performing," given that the previous entry in the series earned roughly half as much. If anyone actually believes otherwise, there's no reasoning with them.

Honestly, stuff like this takes away from the fun of following box office stats. People on this site lose perspective too easily. It has to be all or nothing; if a movie doesn't make tens of millions over expectation it's deemed a disappointment or a flop. There's no middle ground.

For me, making predictions and joining or starting clubs is about taking risks and having fun going out on a limb. I'm sure that the professionals have more at stake, but none of us are pros. It's still going to be fun tracking CW's numbers, but the ginned-up drama is not as interesting.

Thank Feige the movie is everything I ever hoped it could be. Watching CW was like watching my geeky childhood dreams leap out of a comic book and onto the screen. My inner 9-year-old spent 2.5 hours in heaven and I couldn't be happier. :D                     

This isn't just another CA movie despite what anyone says, having the main draw in the franchise is pulling in a decent portion. The point was there is a ceiling clearly & that the two Infinity Wars will be in good shape if they can beat this films performance. 

Edited by GiantCALBears

1 minute ago, The Stingray said:

Typical coolio statement trying to sound cool.

People who come up with the Raid movies when action flicks talk is happening are very irritating to me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SWXII said:

People were saying TFA 'records would be surpassed. This will be a stretch to do 200M now. 

lol no they weren't. People didn't say that. Kal did and I don't know what the hell he is hahaha.

Most people predicted between 180-215. The average was around 204 (funny which is exactly what I guessed in the tracking thread).

Well then BKB, if that is how you feel, then you are just setting yourself up to be massively disappointed.

It's okay to admit you were wrong.  I do it all the time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

Interesting. It's seems to be opening exactly as I said it would after the Australian opening weekend. 

Australia = Little 'Murica ?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

No.. This is going to happen, now more than ever.. My inner self has more than assured me of this, and that the negative vibes in this thread doesn't benefit me in the least and it's because of this, that I'll channel all of this strength and determination and remain ever so positive, unlike you.. I'm running all the way on this and never going to give up..

Rocky movie running training fast 

Dude, it's just numbers... and quite frankly you look a little absurd saying something is going to happen that almost certainly is not going to happen.. over and over again. You can't will it into to hitting those numbers...

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

BTW my theater at 3pm had maybe 40 people in it.  Only maybe 10 cars in the parking lot.

#crumbkbling

Bastards didn't even check their kids out of school to see it at 3pm! Now how can they watch it 4 times in one day?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DAR said:

From here on out if a movie doesn't be the openings of the Force Awakens, Jurrassic World and the Avengers I will hereby declare them disappointments.

Seriously. Those movies have ruined it.

The Force Awakens killed all though.

Unless we see the nirvana that occurred on Avengers and Jurassic's OW everything will seem ho hum. At least for expected big movies.

Runs like Zootopia, American Sniper etc are always fun to watch because they are nice surprises.

17 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

70-75M would make my club a major success, YES.. No 2 ways about it.. Saturday and Sunday will be MASSIVE..

You're expecting it to beat the Saturday and Sunday records by 10-15m, both of which were set by TFA?? 

LOL

Good luck with that man. 

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Well then BKB, if that is how you feel, then you are just setting yourself up to be massively disappointed.

It's okay to admit you were wrong.  I do it all the time.

Well it's only Friday. He has the rest of the weekend to dream. He can admit he was wrong on Sunday when all hope is gone.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

People who come up with the Raid movies when action flicks talk is happening are very irritating to me.

You have become one of the most annoying persons in the forum maybe you just have to accept it? :ph34r:

Seriously people, how are the sellouts in your area? The 7pm shows will hit in the East coast, and at least here in Orlando area I just don't see squat.

Lots of shows, so hopefully to almost full capacity.

Im in Southern California, and it's raining really really hard down here... 

I dont know if the weather is like this throughout the West Coast, but we normally are not fond of going places when it's raining, and it's raining pretty hard.

#SummerSeasonMyButt

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

BTW my theater at 3pm had maybe 40 people in it.  Only maybe 10 cars in the parking lot.

#crumbkbling

Don't you work at a tiny theater in some town on the northern frontier? Begone, yokel! 

3 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Seriously. Those movies have ruined it.

The Force Awakens killed all though.

Unless we see the nirvana that occurred on Avengers and Jurassic's OW everything will seem ho hum. At least for expected big movies.

Runs like Zootopia, American Sniper etc are always fun to watch because they are nice surprises.

The thing is it didn't use to be this way. Where's the appreciation for successes that arent surprises or record breakers? 

• Like 1