CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

50 minutes ago, Baumer said:

It was during TFA, I forget what poster said it but it was hilarious.

I thought it was BKB during BvS? It could have been anyone. I don't remember that much negativity for TFA that opening night because jesus I remember that line. I've never seen one that long in all my years of going to the movies. It was like getting on a ride at an amusement park and wrapped around the building.

46 minutes ago, Star-Lord said:

Im in Southern California, and it's raining really really hard down here... 

I dont know if the weather is like this throughout the West Coast, but we normally are not fond of going places when it's raining, and it's raining pretty hard.

#SummerSeasonMyButt

Now that could effect things! West Coast might not be as strong tonight.

23 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Actually it's better to enjoy Fight Club for "shallow reasons". I've seen dudes who look at that silly movie like it's their Bible and it's very creepy. 

Well it goes both ways. People who love it for the violence. And people who take its "fuck materialism" message way too seriously. 

Zodiac is Fincher's best. 

Fight Club is definitely top 5 for me but I don't think it's super edgy to think it isn't. Gone Girl, Social Network, Zodiac (duh), Dragon Tattoo, and Seven are all great.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 2

Zodiac and The Social Network are Fincher's best for me. 

Then Fight Club, Seven and Panic Room. I enjoyed The Game too.

The rest are ok. 

i would say fight club is of its time in that it's part of that "history is over nothing important will ever happen to our generation maaan" series that really filled up late 90s cinema.

• Like 2

Just now, tonytr87 said:

Very much disagree. 

right. its themes are universal with the facebook stuff being the only thing that really nails it to a time period. AND LAST I CHECKED its still a pretty popular site, if less cool because all of our grandmas are on it.

8 minutes ago, RichWS said:

He's right. It's not.

So 50 years from now people are going to re-watching Social Network, Dragon Tatoo, Alien 3, Panic Room and Benjamin Buttons a dozen times instead of Fight Club?

Fight Club and Se7en are what put Fincher on the map. 

He has a couple other classics but not enough to push Fight Club out of his top 5.

Edited by grey ghost

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Let me guess.

50 years from now people are going to re-watching Social Network, Dragon Tatoo, Alien 3, Panic Room and Benjamin Buttons a dozen times instead of Fight Club.

Fight Club and Se7en are what put Fincher on the map. 

He has a couple other classics but not enough to push Fight Club out of his top 5.

you seem like a guy who demands everyone's top 100 lines up with imdb at least 50%.

• Like 1

RTH's next update:

0002260001946_A?$img_size_380x380$

plus-sign_318-54005.png

71rkyHxd3uL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

right. its themes are universal with the facebook stuff being the only thing that really nails it to a time period. AND LAST I CHECKED its still a pretty popular site, if less cool because all of our grandmas are on it.

Yeah and they didn't have any of the corny Fifth Estate, Blackhat "whoaaa going inside the computers" stuff which makes any movie feel dated in a few years. 

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1