CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

3 minutes ago, Belakor said:

Too many SH movies & too close. SH fatigue happening?

I'm a huge X-Men fan yet the upcoming one is the first ever i'm not hyped for
I think It's gonna be one of the least successful of the franchise.

• Like 1

Cap 3 may not be no. 1 this weekend. According to Deadline list,  an Indian movie is on track to make $176M this weekend.  :P:lol:

11). 24 (Tamil & Telugu) (CGX) 180 theaters / $310K Fri./ 3-day cume: $176.4M-$975K/ Wk 1

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You say that about every movie that doesn't make globs and globs and globs of money.

That is why those movies make globs of money as people pay to watch them?

Edited by Lordmandeep

Just now, department store basement said:

I think Alice might be the biggest flop of the summer after Warcraft and Tarzan.

Nah, Alice ain't doing less than 50% of the original (that puts it at AT LEAST 160M). Ghostbusters will probably be the one to say it's gonna be among the biggest bombs. Warcraft is still a big question mark, but it's definitely closer to bomb than success right now. Tarzan will be #1, though, for sure.

Just now, jb007 said:

Cap 3 may not be no. 1 this weekend. According to Deadline list,  an Indian movie is on track to make $176M this weekend.  :P:lol:

11). 24 (Tamil & Telugu) (CGX) 180 theaters / $310K Fri./ 3-day cume: $176.4M-$975K/ Wk 1

I expected this after the Aussie opening. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jb007 said:

Suddenly kal's ranges look more reasonable.

• Like 2

Did I miss the meltdowns yet?, lol.  Look technically speaking, yes it's the 3rd Film in the "Captain America" series.   So yes it has improved dramatically in that series.  With that said this movie was never marketed that way.  It was marketed as a defacto Avengers film to the point fans were calling it "Avengers 2.5".   Obviously "Ultron" had a mixed response as the numbers dropped from "Avengers" but it still did gangbusters at the box office.   It seems "Civil War" has a great response but still not Avengers Level.   Now if it comes in just above "BatsVSupes" then maybe there is slight Comicbook fatigue or maybe a better word would be "Oversaturation".  

Yes I know it's the word we don't like to talk about but maybe we have topped out in the Comic Genre and now there's nowhere to go but down.   Sure "Deadpool" did great but again probably another lighting in a bottle situation.  But the numbers are still strong when you think about it.  Everything is not going to be "Force Awakens, Jurassic World, Avengers".  We are talking lighting in bottle and all three of those films had diffrent build up and antcipation from fans (Yes Jurassic was coming off a bad film but the franchise broke records before).   I think the numbers for "Civil War" are good but I can't lie because I honestly felt throwing in Ironman and Spidey should of been enough to take at "Ultron" numbers at the very least.   I wasn't in the 200 Million train as I posted in previous post.    

But this is a rebooted Spidey coming off two lukewarm Spider-man films.    It's like "BatsVSupes" barely beat "The Dark Knight" or "Rises" OW because it was a rebooted Batman and a Superman people are still getting to known as well as the mixed response.  I don't think these are dispointing numbers for "Civl War" just that expectations are through the roof with both Avengers films doing gangbusters and this basically being another Avengers film.   If you are looking at this through a "Captian America" scope than it's doing just fine.  The problem is we are all looking at it through an Avengers scope because that's how Marvel presented the film espeically with adding so many characters.  But if this comes under Iron 3 #'s or just a little above "BatsVSupes" then I don't know we have to honest that again the market might be oversaturated in the comic genre.   I don't see either "Infinity Wars" increasing over the original two Avengers films.  Expectations should also be kept in check for the "Justice League" films as well. 

Ch0R82zWsAUlhgi.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, James said:

Also, the social media number for Me Before You are great. There's no way it goes under 30m for the OW.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Like Paper Towns?

Oh wait...

James might be right on this one tbh

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

I think it will do less than 50% (I currently predict 130m total, though it might be less). Disney doesn't seem to care about it at all.

Yeah, but Disney fairytales have never come under 200M. While this one won't be that big, the families will surely eat it up, just like they ate up the 1st one. Well, until Dory at least. I've heard this one is better than the original, so there's that.

I think Tarzan could do well. It kinda has a Planet of the Apes vibe. I have no idea what the budget is so I am just saying I think it could do fairly well grows wise but then again if the budget is something crazy like 150 million then I guess it won't do that well

Just now, Baumer said:

I think Tarzan could do well. It kinda has a Planet of the Apes vibe. I have no idea what the budget is so I am just saying I think it could do fairly well grows wise but then again if the budget is something crazy like 150 million then I guess it won't do that well

Tarzan's range is Pan-130M, there's a lot of different ways it could end up. Box Office isn't expecting much from it, I'm going with 30/70

9 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Here's a hint to the opening weekend for Bad Neighbors 2. 

It opened this weekend in Australia. 

And?

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

It is lol.

giphy.gif

• Like 1