CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Just now, Jay Hollywood said:

None of these Marvel movies really follow the comic. They cherry pick and reformat stuff to work for the world they built.

You realize it can't be the same as the comic, because in the comic universe different shit has happened to our characters. 

I don't care about the comics overall. At all. But I was anticipating this movie because of a certain's character death. That was all I cared about. And they blew that.

3 minutes ago, James said:

Ok, so I just found out they didn't follow the comic book ark so the only reason I had for seeing this movie just vanished. Great.

I'm glad they didn't follow the comic. Cause the comic kinda sucks. They painted Tony and the pro-Registration people as Nazis. And transformed Cap into a psycho by the end of it. Thank God that they went about this in a different route.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, so I'm guessing we'll never see Gwyneth again in these movies. Too bad, although she seems to have given up on acting to focus more on shelling out her ridiculously extravagant lifestyle.

Did she have some big dispute with Marvel or something?

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

This is where I disagree.  Sequel to both okay. I can see that. But this movie's central theme ran through all 3 Cap movies. So I can't buy this was more an Ultron sequel.

In Captain America WS how many scenes were there like (Vison and SW hanging out) 0 because its Cap's movie.  

Its a equal sequel to both I'd say. But you have to watch Ultron to get this movie. You can't just turn it on after WS. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I'm glad they didn't follow the comic. Cause the comic kinda sucks. They painted Tony and the pro-Registration people as Nazis. And transformed Cap into a psycho by the end of it. Thank God that they went about this in a different route.

That really sounds like my kind of stuff so yet another reason to be pissed.<_<

Just now, DAJK said:

Did she have some big dispute with Marvel or something?

No, not that I'm aware of it. It's just not been a secret for a while that she isn't really interested in acting these days and focusing on...other things.

“I love the English way, which is not as capitalistic as it is in America. People don’t talk about work and money; they talk about interesting things at dinner parties. I like living here because I don’t tap into the bad side of American psychology, which is ‘I’m not achieving enough, I’m not making enough, I’m not at the top of the pile.’ It’s just kind of like, I am.”

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

No, not that I'm aware of it. It's just not been a secret for a while that she isn't really interested in acting these days and focusing on...other things.

“I love the English way, which is not as capitalistic as it is in America. People don’t talk about work and money; they talk about interesting things at dinner parties. I like living here because I don’t tap into the bad side of American psychology, which is ‘I’m not achieving enough, I’m not making enough, I’m not at the top of the pile.’ It’s just kind of like, I am.”

It seems like a midlife crisis tbh :lol: 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It seems like a midlife crisis tbh :lol: 

Here's another one of Modern Day Marie Antoinette's best quotes:

“Even actresses that you really admire, like Reese Witherspoon, you think, ‘Another romantic comedy?’ You see her in something like Walk the Line and think, ‘God, you’re so great!’ And then you think, ‘Why is she doing these stupid romantic comedies?’ But of course, it’s for money and status.”

This coming from the woman who said "yes" to Iron Man movies three damn times.

• Like 3

Wonder why DHD says 74.9m. They went from 74-76m to 74.9m

1). Captain America: Civil War (Disney) 4,226 theaters / $74.9M Fri. (includes $25M previews) / 3-day cume:$172M– $178.8M / Wk 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Here's another one of Modern Day Marie Antoinette's best quotes:

“Even actresses that you really admire, like Reese Witherspoon, you think, ‘Another romantic comedy?’ You see her in something like Walk the Line and think, ‘God, you’re so great!’ And then you think, ‘Why is she doing these stupid romantic comedies?’ But of course, it’s for money and status.”

This coming from the woman who said "yes" to Iron Man movies three damn times.

And The Avengers

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Good God, what a pretentious bore.

Not to mention that she says this AFTER her career as a headliner went down the toilet. I guarantee you that she would not be saying this if her stardom had lasted more than 20 minutes.

Alos, like someone else said...if she thinks that capitalism and making lots of dough is so bad, why in the hell did she agree to do three big-budget superhero films? Also, why is she selling her crappy stuff and asking so much for it?

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Good God, what a pretentious bore.

Not to mention that she says this AFTER her career as a headliner went down the toilet. I guarantee you that she would not be saying this if her stardom had lasted more than 20 minutes.

Alos, like someone else said...if she thinks that capitalism and making lots of dough is so bad, why in the hell did she agree to do three big-budget superhero films? Also, why is she selling her crappy stuff and asking so much for it?

Gwynnie was born with a silver spoon in her ass, vagina and mouth...all three  holes.  Spielberg is her god father for piss sake.  She is one person that I actually hate.  I've never met her but her attitude is horrible and she has no clue what reality is for 95% of the continent.  She is one of those people who probably think that the average salary in the US is about $200,000.  If I never see her in a film again, it'll be too soon.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Okay, let's get down to the nitty gritty: any early Saturday updates coming within the next hours?

No.

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Gwynnie was born with a silver spoon in her ass, vagina and mouth...all three  holes.  Spielberg is her god father for piss sake.  She is one person that I actually hate.  I've never met her but her attitude is horrible and she has no clue what reality is for 95% of the continent.  She is one of those people who probably think that the average salary in the US is about $200,000.  If I never see her in a film again, it'll be too soon.

“I am who I am. I can’t pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

“I am who I am. I can’t pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year.”

And you know what?  I get that.  She is who she is.  But so is Angelina and Brad and George and Matt and so many others.  But you don't see them basically telling the poor or the working class to go fuck themselves.