CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Yeah, sure...Civil War is just a Captain America movie and nothing else. 
a solo Cap movie with Iron Man, War Machine, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man and Spider-Man IN THE MOVIE :lol:. But yeah...otherwise is just a CA movie and nothing more...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ohana said:

So all of the sudden it's a solo Cap movie?

All of the hype was about the Avengers face-off, Iron-Man, Black Panther and ofc Spiderman

Many here needs to be at least honest with the line they went through all these weeks

Captain America is the last superhero 90% here (and anywhere else) talked about, and now when it's underperforming its suddenly Captain America 3.

180M is great but It is a fact that this movie is underperforming with all the positive huge factors it had, snap out of the denial.

I don't really care that the movie is "under performing" compared to the last two Avengers. It's not the same type of movie and if it was a lot would have complained that Marvel didn't take the subject matter seriously (like how they made Ultron less menacing). All I care about is how good it actually was.

WOM is obviously excellent. It's not easy to get a 92% Flixtster rating (which has actually gone up since release and not down)

The movie might not open up as strong as the others but it should have strong legs.

And I know you guys don't want to hear it, but this is the 3rd superhero movie of the year. The Jungle Book and Zootopia already broke out too. 

Signs aren't looking good for X-Men in a few weeks.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

X-Men will likely be hit by the fatigue of SH flicks and, more importantly, Alice 2, Nice Guys, Neighbors, Angry Birds and Turtles opening the weekend before, the weekend of or the weekend after. I expect nice numbers but under $250M DOM. And, maybe even under Days of Future Past DOM.

1 hour ago, Bonenash said:

Watching Spiderman 2 right now.

Man Doc oc is the best vilain Marvel has ever created...... No other come close none.....

Such a well crafting character with emotion Question and in fact is a good guy in the end....

Sadly now no bad guys is like that even Loki....

Don't give marvel too much credit. They had nothing to do with the awesomeness of Doc Ock in Spiderman2. That's all on Sam Raimi

You should know which movie is MCU and which isn't. MCU villains have mostly been lame or bad barring loki in Thor and to some degree in TA. Red Skull was decent too. 

Edited by marveldcfox

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

X-Men will likely be hit by the fatigue of SH flicks and, more importantly, Alice 2, Nice Guys, Neighbors, Angry Birds and Turtles opening the weekend before, the weekend of or the weekend after. I expect nice numbers but under $250M DOM. And, maybe even under Days of Future Past DOM.

nah, i believe mama lawrence will pull through 

2 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

That's amazing if so.. Too bad my Club is R.I.P.. Another 10 Million and it would at least be on life support, but it's dead and I have to move on.. Fuck..

It'll be OK pal. It'll be OK.

tumblr_ngg88yCq361qz4si8o1_400.gif

• Like 1

Captain America:Civil War will hold up just fine. Next weekend looks dead besides Captain America and Jungle Book numbers. May 20th will be awesome Neighbors/Angry Birds/Captain America. Memorial Day weekend could be interesting as well. Overall May 2016, should decent but not record breaking. June, July, and August should also be solid months as well. Summer 2016 doesn't look as bad as 2014, 2015 looked like a record breaker but if it wasn't for 5 potential films underperforming. 

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yeah I see it coming too. Will feel bad for the cast and crew if that ends up being good.

I think everyone kind of predicted that though a few months ago. Civil War wouldn't be the main casualty, X-Men would.

So, my projection for Civil War is 

Sat: 61.933

Sun: 49.299

OW: 186.485

I'm feeling 438M DOM then... Only 20M less than the last Avengers movie is still huge, although obviously I was hoping for more. So it goes.

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Reviosionism alert. Yeah this is a good number but comparing it to the previous Cap movies is dumb. This is an AVENGERS film and marketed as such 

No. It isn't. 

6 hours ago, Baumer said:

Oh, and btw....now that I understand a bit more about the Infinity Stones, I like Guardians of the Galaxy a whole lot more.  Like way more. :)

I'll certainly watch it again in it's entirety.  

WHO ARE YOU

11 hours ago, CJohn said:

People saying the movie opening 1 week before America OS is a factor are hilarious. Is everyone forgetting Iron Man 2, Thor, Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: The Winter Soldier did the same thing? Lol.

No they are saying that having the critic screenings so far in advance might have took away some of the hype. It took a long time to get to this honestly. I thought hype could reach fever pitch but then you had the amazing Jungle Book in between.

I remember the amazing reviews for Civil War started and I had to force myself to get hyped up for The Jungle Book (which was also getting tons of acclaim) instead of Civil War because this was still so far away.

You're right that that it didn't effect Guardians but that wasn't as big a property as this. Who knows. There's a lot of factors. I don't think it's a letdown.

Edited by somebody85

FWIW I watched this again at 12pm, standard screening, and it was 95% full with the audience applauding in the end. As we were leaving, there was a line outside already for the next show.

(Actually tried to catch the 11:30am one but it was sold out.)