CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Lol some guy yelled Martha at the climatic battle of civil war.

Before the movie started last night I overheard the people in front of me shade that movie so hard. "And how did their battle end? MARTHAAAAA!!!" That really is going to go down as a classic example of inept screenwriting, isn't it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The same studio made Deadpool. :kitschjob:

It's like Fox experimented with polar opposite approaches to CBMs.

Tim Miller and Reynolds didn't fuck up with their 58M (IMO, the low budget helped the movie, I have read about scenes they wanted to make and replaced with others and I actually prefer the ones they did instead). Trank was apparently a crazy motherfucker out of control toying with 120M that made FOX interfere and we all know how the movie ended up. And then we have Singer, who just asks for his 250M check and leaves and they probably never see him again until the movie is finished. That is true power.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That is because fans of other movies did the same to them 6 weeks ago. Schadenfreude is a real thing, and after the amount of gloating certain fanbases have had to endure this weekend is turning into a "What goes around comes around" moment, especially after expectations were set so high by fans, trades and tracking.

If only fanbases didn't treat each other like crap when something goes wrong with their beloved properties, a lot of issues online could be avoided.

So true.

11 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah, it kind of sort of is. Iron Man is on the poster, for crying out loud.

And black widow and Nick fury were on The winter soldier posters. It's called supporting characters.

I'm sure Hulk will be.on the Thor 3 posters but that won't make it a TIH sequel no matter how much Disney pimps the green guy.

Edited by eddyxx

6 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

If you make it through reward yourself with Fury Road after. 

I'm rewarding myself with sleep :lol: 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Tim Miller and Reynolds didn't fuck up with their 58M (IMO, the low budget helped the movie, I have read about scenes they wanted to make and replaced with others and I actually prefer the ones they did instead). Trank was apparently a crazy motherfucker out of control toying with 120M that made FOX interfere and we all know how the movie ended up. 

Truly an auteur.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Puh-leeze. Those two characters don't have movies named after them.

Iron man is on The Avengers poster. That doesn't make it a Iron Man movie. He'll probably be somewhere on the poster for spider-man: homecoming. You wanna start calling that Iron Man 5? Or are we up to 7 yet?

Just now, eddyxx said:

Iron man is on The Avengers poster. That doesn't make it a Iron Man movie. He'll probably be somewhere on the poster for spider-man: homecoming. You wanna start calling that Iron Man 5? Or are we up to 7 yet?

Let's agree, if we ignore the marketing, the posters, the trailer, the actual movie and the main TV spots, then this is basically a Captain America movie and should be judged based on CA2

However, every single OS number has been compared to Ultron by Marvel themselves, not the press. Marvel released OS numbers comparing them to Ultron's OS numbers, not CA2's OS numbers. To turn around now after comparing it to Ultron at the box office to suddenly say it increases on CA2 is somewhat ridiculous. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

tumblr_inline_nsxkecVYmA1qf89pq_500.gif

Tell ha we need to talk.

She's not really (I have to assume) into guys who are old enough to be her children and Chris Evans is a year younger than me so.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, eddyxx said:

Sure, why the fuck not? He's obviously the most popular of the Marvel characters.

And damn, I didn't know Iron Man was going to be in the new Spider-Man movie. That actually kind of disappoints me.

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Before the movie started last night I overheard the people in front of me shade that movie so hard. "And how did their battle end? MARTHAAAAA!!!" That really is going to go down as a classic example of inept screenwriting, isn't it?

Written by a academy award winner!!

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Sure, why the fuck not? He's obviously the most popular of the Marvel characters.

And damn, I didn't know Iron Man was going to be in the new Spider-Man movie. That actually kind of disappoints me.

I don't blame Disney one bit.

RDJ and Holland had great chemistry.

Disney would be foolish not to capitalize on it.

• Like 6

Went on break at work. Saw the number. Thought, "Ehh, just another ho-hum 60M Saturday." Realized I'd gone insane. Went ahead and pointed out to myself that if you count the Thursday, this would just barely beat the second weekend record.