CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

47 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

The predictions may be wrong but that doesn't change whether it is an Avengers movie or not. I maintain that this is Avengers 3. It dropped from Avengers 2, which in turn dropped from Avengers 1. 

Maintaining it isn't going to change that Cap 2 is really the one movie you need to see prior to this one to get the storyline. (Seeing Cap 1 wouldn't hurt either) That they added in other characters....ala the frequent "Where were Iron Man and Thor?" complaints in other movies doesn't change that either.

I get it....some really need to put some kind of "disappointing" tag on this one and are reaching for reasons.  :sadben:

4 minutes ago, Intergalactic Ping Pong said:

If you've seen any of RDJ's earlier works, like Weird Science, they made him look almost exactly like his younger self in CA.

Agreed.   They pretty much got him spot on from how he really looked in his early 20s.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly rdj looked a little awkward to me. i don't think any film's done it as good as ben button did it yet. helps that brad makes it easy for them.

Because there was less de aging for Button obviously.

It is the same company that did Button & young Douglas & RDJ, they have been perfecting this craft for almost 10 years now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Moderation:

Remember, although it seems like everyone's already seen CA3, they haven't. Please don't post anything spoiler-related here. That includes vague scene descriptions and/or character involvement.

Eh, I wasn't sharing anything that hadn't already been revealed by the marketing anyway. After all...

Spoiler

...the first poster (the one with Cap and Tony facing each other angrily) pretty much says who the main battle in the film is between.

Just now, DeeCee said:

It' a Captain America movie yet it is not.

It's an Avengers movie yet it is not.

It's a Chimera.

It's a woozy. It's a wazzy.  It's a fugazi.

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Weird Science

giphy.gif

He was such a pretty boy. He looked like some cougar's boy toy lol. 

Definitely get better with age. 

• Like 1

I know the top 10 alltime (unadjusted) list no longer has the same cachet (Shrek 2? Cmon) but it will still suck to see Star Wars leave. I think ultimately Cap America 3 will push it to #9. 

When I first started chatting about the box-office on online forums (1990s) Raiders of the Lost Ark was #10 with about $245 million. Now that's a moderately successful Pixar film. An opening weekend for Episode 7. The market (and dollar) has expanded so much. 

• Like 2