CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Because there was less de aging for Button obviously.

It is the same company that did Button & young Douglas & RDJ, they have been perfecting this craft for almost 10 years now.

i know. i said as much. less is more in this regard i think. you guys can post pictures of young rdj all you want but i don't see how that's convincing in any way.

15 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Moderation:

Remember, although it seems like everyone's already seen CA3, they haven't. Please don't post anything spoiler-related here. That includes vague scene descriptions and/or character involvement.

My bad if my comment about RDJ falls under this category. I saw the topic was already being discussed and from what I could tell, that topic doesn't really reveal anything specific to the plot. But, my perspective is only one perspective of many. Please don't drop the ban hammer on me!

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Neighbors 2 bombed in the UK and Australia with only 2M and 2.7M respectively. 

American comedy really doesn't do well internationally.  So you can't use the same theory that if a super hero or tentpole big budget film doesn't do well in Australia or UK, then it won't do well here.  For example both Grown ups did about 10 mill in Australia and Anchorman did 1.6 million.  So comedy is a little harder to gauge. 

• Like 1

With all the arguments recently that people are being paid off to bat for certain "teams" and whatnot around here, I'm surprised there hasn't been a controversy over celebrities "posing" as board members here trying to take each other down.

@Telemachos is obviously Clint Eastwood fyi.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Neighbors 2 bombed in the UK and Australia with only 2M and 2.7M respectively. 

Everything did awfully this weekend in the UK - it's down to the amazing weather. Civil War dropped like 70%, when normally a 40% drop would be expected for that movie.

Captain America: Civil War might be a Cap movie, but I wouldn't call it a solo movie.  How can a solo movie have Captain and almost every Avenger plus Spidey and Black Panther?

By the way, I'm not tlaking about box office ( numbers are good ), but about the movie itself.

Iron Man 3 and Thor The Dark World are the true definition of solo movies. Iron Man 3 had no Avenger (Rhodes wasn't one yet ) and Thor 2 only had Thor ( no Avenger at all, other than Loki pretending to be Captain ).

The fact that Iron Man 3 made almost 1.3 billion worldwide, is impressive.  Yeah, If Civil War can't beat that number, I'll say it's gonna be disappointing. 

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

American comedy really doesn't do well internationally.  So you can't use the same theory that if a super hero or tentpole big budget film doesn't do well in Australia or UK, then it won't do well here.  For example both Grown ups did about 10 mill in Australia and Anchorman did 1.6 million.  So comedy is a little harder to gauge. 

That is often true however the first Bad Neighbours did 27M here, equivalent to 175M in the US.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I blame it on the dubbing. Not necessarily in English (or near-English) speaking countries, but for the rest, absolutely. Jokes can easily get lost in translation. 

Besides, some jokes tend to be very topical. An Aussie might not get a joke about Kim Kardashian. A prime example for me; there's a British comedian named Jimmy Carr and some of his jokes are very funny and offensive, but others are about certain famous British people and I'm completely lost.