Blankments

Hacksaw Ridge | Nov 4 2016 | Lionsgate | WWII movie directed by Mel Gibson. Starring Andrew Garfield, Sam Worthington, Luke Bracey, Teresa Palmer. The movie gets the BOZ/Tele/WB seal of approval.

I have nothing but personal bias and the reaction of the crowd that I have seen it with but I just have this feeling that we could see something like a 25% drop this weekend. Word of mouth on this is really Almost 100% positive. And with Remembrance Day coming up this weekend, or as you call it in the US Veterans Day, there's no better time to see the movie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baumer liked Blair Witch said:

I have nothing but personal bias and the reaction of the crowd that I have seen it with but I just have this feeling that we could see something like a 25% drop this weekend. Word of mouth on this is really Almost 100% positive. And with Remembrance Day coming up this weekend, or as you call it in the US Veterans Day, there's no better time to see the movie.

I would be kinda disappointed with a 25% drop on this very weekend. Maybe i'm expecting too much...

Edited by Elessar

1 hour ago, Baumer liked Blair Witch said:

So around 11M for the weekend. That's exactly what I am expecting

Possibly even a 20% drop to 12M second weekend

Tuesday night we had quite a few Veterans who came out crying. In a good way in the sense that they said they loved it. I'm surprised they were able to watch it though, my grandfather was a veteran in the Korean War and he was never able to watch a war movie ever.

• Like 1

My annoying teenage brother is really anti-Christian at the moment but otherwise loves based on true story war films like this. Do you think it is good idea to get him watch this film with me? I want to see this film anyway when it comes to my country but I wonder if I should bring my brother since I am Christian and I wonder if he is just going to think I wanted him to watch the film because of that and not because it looks great.

• Like 1

Doing my research for Desmond Doss for my history project, I realize the movie wasn't exactly historically accurate. From what I have, Doss was even more of a hero than the film made him out to be. An incredible man, I have hardly read many stories of braver people in my life.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Baumer liked Blair Witch said:

I really hope everyone sees this.  Truly incredible.

Yes it was incredible.

For a war movie that is just as bloodied as Saving Private Ryan and American Sniper. I was actually feeling upbeat at the end of the movie and not as shell shock as in SPR or as sad as in AS. I don't know if you all feel the same.

• Like 2