John Marston

Wednesday numbers - Cap 3- 8.9m

13 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Piracy will reduce if theaters don't rip off people with over-priced food and drinks. That's stealing.

No one's forcing you to buy food at the theater. It's not that hard to go 2 hours without eating. God, this is why obesity is an epidemic.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Its just im paying £17 a month for a cinema card a barely use. I've been to the cinema twice this year lol, that means each ticket has technically cost me £42.50 so i dont feel bad if i find an early good download for deadpool and i fancy watching it AGAIN during the period where the film is no longer in cinemas but also not available to purchase. 

Why don't you cancel your subscription lol. You are seriously paying £40/ticket that's nuts, as soon as you stop getting your money's worth you should cancel IMO :) sounds like your well past that point

Lol hit up the dollarama store before the theater and sneak in food and drinks.

I know piracy is wrong but I pirate watched batman vs superman.

Lol people who paid 20 bucks to see that :lol:

Piracy has an effect as films with bad buzz people wait till after theaters to watch it

I am certain BvS will be the most pirated film this year.

2 hours ago, Jessie said:

I just think Piracy of blockbusters is far down the list of worries on this planet. 

Films are earning more than ever box office wise so it's not that bad and releasing films worldwide at once rather than letting USA have it first is a major plus, why should America get everything first? 

Films arent earning more box office wise. The major blockbusters are but the average film is not. Which is why there is this shift to almost only making blockbusters or very small budgeted films.

Most people do not want to leave their homes but then they can wait for the dvd or for it to come to cable. By pirating the movie, people are essentially stealing from others to make profits for thesemselves. It is wrong and it really hurts movie theaters who lose customers.

The movie companies are American corporations so it makes sense that their movies would open domestically before they do internationally or at the same time. But because of piracy, they open internationally first, which again hurts the rest of us. People who pirate movies should get a real job and stop leeching off of the hard work of others.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

No one's forcing you to buy food at the theater. It's not that hard to go 2 hours without eating. God, this is why obesity is an epidemic.

eating at theaters...is that how you got fat?

Edited by a2knet

To be honest for most throw away films

It's better to watch films at home with friends where you can have some real food some beer and talk during the movie and crack some jokes.

It's annoying you pay like 20 bucks and then are expected to sit like a robot and laugh on cue during a film...because if you just say a comment your friend during the film your the anti christ.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Piracy will reduce if theaters don't rip off people with over-priced food and drinks. That's stealing.

Number one, that is not true. Piracy is about making money off of someone elses work. It will not reduce because the price of food is cheaper .

More importantly, theaters lose money on showing movies, even at the high prices they charge. The only reason they are profitable is because of the over priced food. Theaters would rather lower ticket prices than reduce the price of food. The movie studio gets part of the ticket price but the food is all profit.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 3

When im3's cam versions were on torrent sites I saw people reporting to marvel and marvel took action and the torrents were gone for a sec. (At leastfor the torrent site I was visiting) Just look at there and the whole first page was full of cap3 torrents. Some Hq ones too. Not good

3 hours ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Does the MPAA reward people who catch in-screening pirates? Here you get £1000 and the cinema gets £500 too.

Reporting people with cams? That wouldn't have helped in this case.

16 hours ago, CJohn said:

@WrathOfHan

Neighbors 2 is BOMBING here with less than half of what the first did on OD. Money Monster is easily having a bigger OD here. Your club is looking good. 

Yup, it's definitely another Ted 2. A sequel that nobody asked for. 

58 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Its just im paying £17 a month for a cinema card a barely use. I've been to the cinema twice this year lol, that means each ticket has technically cost me £42.50 so i dont feel bad if i find an early good download for deadpool and i fancy watching it AGAIN during the period where the film is no longer in cinemas but also not available to purchase. 

That is just dumbass behavior right there.

• Like 4

So, I see we've found the thing to blame weaker-than-hypedpredicted performance on, good job guys.

Watch in a couple of years when the next Avengers movie hits the screen as people discuss for dozens of pages on a thread dedicated to that film how much CW could have made without piracy. Sounds familiar? Just sub piracy for fight of the century.

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I don't think it has an effect at this point because people who pirate won't pay anyway. We've always said that.

I don't know why it's being brought up again, just for this film.

If they did something to wipe it out completely, which I'm sure they're rightly trying to do, then we would see a change for the better.

I'm bringing it up for Civil War because of the quality of pirated copies out there.

And I don't agree that people that watch pirated movies won't pay for it. That might be the case in some socities, it sure as hell isnt the case here.

1 minute ago, Deathlife said:

I'm bringing it up for Civil War because of the quality of pirated copies out there.

And I don't agree that people that watch pirated movies won't pay for it. That might be the case in some socities, it sure as hell isnt the case here.

What about The Revenant and American Sniper? Excellent quality copies in the internet weeks before both expanded to a wide release, still both did blockbuster numbers lol. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Who's blaming what? This movie's doing very well and very much on pace for $435M+ DOM and $1.25B+ WW. What's this nonsense again?

Not doing as well in China as it could have done.

We're talking about Cap 3, right?