John Marston

Wednesday numbers - Cap 3- 8.9m

6 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Oh, by the way, too many on this board are complete idiots and don't have a clue what they are talking about.  

Amen brother (unless you think i am one of them :lol:)

Thanks for the number

Right between AOU's 77.7 and IM3's 72.5 gives ~75.

That's the O/U at the moment.

I think it will be closer to IM3.

73-74m.

Edited by a2knet

2 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

Films arent earning more box office wise. The major blockbusters are but the average film is not. Which is why there is this shift to almost only making blockbusters or very small budgeted films.

Most people do not want to leave their homes but then they can wait for the dvd or for it to come to cable. By pirating the movie, people are essentially stealing from others to make profits for thesemselves. It is wrong and it really hurts movie theaters who lose customers.

The movie companies are American corporations so it makes sense that their movies would open domestically before they do internationally or at the same time. But because of piracy, they open internationally first, which again hurts the rest of us. People who pirate movies should get a real job and stop leeching off of the hard work of others.

You make good points but your final point is a joke, selfish too. You're saying it hurts people because they don't get to see their American movies before everyone else lol, fuck that, it's hardly an issue. America hypes theirs films worldwide, they take money from every country around the world, we are all fans so why can't we have it all at once? 

When i was younger (say 13) I either used to either pirate movies a lot or if available buy then on playusa.com (American dvd company) which allowed me to watch us dvd releases usually before they even hit our cinema. I did this because I would see nothing but praise about a certain film I was excited for from posters, reviews etc. When you then realise you have to wait 5 months till it hits your country, the temptation of downloading becomes too much.

So that's actually one good thing that has come from piracy, and you're shitting all over it like a spoilt teenager wanting everything first lmao

Edited by Jessie

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

That is just dumbass behavior right there.

I agree, I used to go a lot, but not so much the last couple of years. I dont want to cancel it because then I will never go. Sounds stupid but I'm trying to keep my interest in cinema going and if I cancel it it's not going to help lol

People talk about how piracy is a bitch all the time. Usually americans. Those folks tend to forget that there's a certain amount of people spread across the world who just, I don't know, can't actually afford going to the theaters to see their own anticipated releases all the time, and perhaps neither can they just wait 5/6 months for the DVD/blu-ray to drop? Temptation is a human given. I've experienced it myself before, and it's hard, if not impossible, to resist.

I'm not condoning piracy altogether, but you gotta realize that while it brings its bad things, there's many individuals out there that really can do w/it as well.

1 hour ago, FilmBuff said:

Sometimes this board is downright comical. Dumbasses like Jessie posting crap all the time.

Dumbass? A tad hasty, you don't know what I do for a living, or why I'm able to waste money without the need to worry ;)

1 hour ago, SWXII said:

Don't complain to us when someone steals your car or iPhone because there was not one available. We won't care. And then we will laugh at you.

Good one, totally the same thing 

Buying a movie ticket is one of the cheapest ways to pass 2 hours of time other than sitting at home. In most parts of the country, a matinee is around $5-6. Even in NYC, the matinee price is $7.99. Just eat a goddamn meal before going to the theater so you don't have to buy their $10 popcorn.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

With $8.3m Thursday I'll guess a $76.9m weekend.

Average of Ultron and IM3's Friday increases and they both had the same second weekend multiplier.

Yeah, their weekend multipliers were 3.66-3.68x.

I think Friday will be 20-20.5m.

Taking 3.68x with 20-20.5m gives 73.6-75.4m / 74.5m avg

47 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I know, right? A box office forum where just about every user takes pride in going to the theater and actually paying for movies. A forum where we celebrate and debate box office receipts. And, dude gloats about piracy and goes so far as to say he'd kick someone's ass for ratting him out if he was illegally filming a movie during a screening. What a goober.

It was clearly a joke 

• Like 1