WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

2 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Mad Max still won 6 Oscars this year, more than any other film. 

Has NOlan done it? Ex-Men? Marvel? 

tumblr_m0vpowseAt1qepf8yo3_r1_250.gif

Crash and The Artist have more Oscars than The Force Awakens and The Avengers.

Guess which ones people are going to pass down to their grand kids.

• Like 3

IM3 and AOU's 3.66-3.68x will give CW 72.5-72.9 with a 19.8m Friday.

I am relieved at it not being 22-23 / 80-85. Not because I wanted it to do "bad" (70+ in 2nd weekend is huge) but because it went against box office data of 2nd weekend drops. CA2's 56.6% 2nd weekend drop would itself put it below 78m. With bigger preview #s and % of ow, that good a drop was not likely. With better marketing, previews and social media spreading wom, front-loading has been increasing steadily.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

DERBY UPDATE:   (ERROR ALERT) – 46 players, down 12 from last week.  Darkelf and bapi failed to submit for a 22nd consecutive week.  Meanwhile JMorphin is in for his 11th turn.  Others returning are luxneji (      7th), Olive & Arlborn (6th), MarcusG (4th), AABattery & owiewankenobi (3rd), and jesserifkin & coolEric258 (2nd).  Three new players this week:  e1828, jesse1212, and heh.  With the addition of 3 new players, that means we lost a total of 15 from last week.  Yikes!

With Deadline’s Friday projections, I entered the top 10 as this:

Civil War – 73.50

Jungle Book – 17.00

Money Monster – 14.50

The Darkness – 5.00

Mother’s Day – 3.10

Zootopia – 2.40

The Huntsman – 2.40

Keanu – 1.75

Barbershop 3 – 1.45

The Boss – 1.15

Here is the early top 20.  The average for all 46 players is 81.753

Tower

MarcusG

Horror Wizard

jj99

e1828

Blank Panther

Fanboy

boxofficeth

damienroc

Johnny

Matrix4You

Olive

Bozly

Simionski

PanaMovie

luxneji

No Prisoners

Bates

TalismanRing

Wrath

• Like 2

So Civil War drop is gonna be in line with Ultron after a smaller OW....this a WTF scenario. Civil War has better WOM, i think that's a fact. So far, except Monday, drops have been average to bad. Can someone explain me WHY?

Just now, picores said:

So Civil War drop is gonna be in line with Ultron after a smaller OW....this a WTF scenario. Civil War has better WOM, i think that's a fact. So far, except Monday, drops have been average to bad. Can someone explain me WHY?

frontloading 

• Like 1

I had a feeling MM would over-perform because of it's subject matter being timely. I like Clooney and the films he tries to push. Foster has always been likeable and smart. With 14-15 hope it legs it to 50. Budget of only 27.

Edited by a2knet

Good for Money Monster, glad to see it over perform. And not absolutely terrible for Darkness (somehow), better than Green Inferno. 

Mothers Day down 70%+. 

140% Fri increase for Civil War. 60% drop maybe expected after the weekday drops.

• Like 1

I am just confused. Why would it have a worse 2nd weekend drop than IM3 and AOU with a much better WOM? It should be more front loading than CA:WS, but as front loading as or even more front loading than IM3 and AOU? :what:

I am believing that piracy is hurting CW significantly. The day to day drop was good until the high quality version hit internet. That's like the only logical reason I can think of right now. :sadben:

• Like 2

$1.2-1.3 billion Worldwide is an amazing number but I wonder if Marvel will have to change things up for TA3.1 to reach $1.5 billion next year or will "The Avengers" in the title be worth another $200-300 million on its own ?

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I had a feeling MM would over-perform because of it's subject matter being timely. I like Clooney and the films he tries to push. Foster has always been likeable and smart. With 14-15 hope it legs it to 50. Budget of only 27.

one day MM will mean Mega Man

• Like 3