WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

For fuck's sake people, here is the very simple breakdown....

- It performing very well to normal expectations, not the crazy ass weird $225m opening bullshit.  

- It has nothing to do with Piracy

- It has nothing to do with fatigue

- It has everything to do with this is not a stand alone movie and you would need to watch AT LEAST 5 other MCU movies (First Avenger, Avengers, Winter Soldier, Ultron, possibly Ant-Man) to have any clue what is going on.  That means the audience is going to be somewhat limited.  

- It is acting exactly what it is, and that is a Captain America vs. Iron Man movie with some familiar characters from Winter Soldier and low level Avengers fight at the Airport.  

There is way too much trying to be made of piracy/fatigue and not nearly enough to do with reality.  If you want to talk about comic book fatigue, you are going to get your chance to do that more accurately when X-Men doesn't perform all that well, but still in line with it being a First Class sequel rather than a sequel to DOFP.  

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lmao at people using piracy as an excuse. Just sad. SAD. The spin is real :rofl:

I have no excuse. I'm not defending CA3 or Marvel. I dont care. After Mondays hold most were talking about it beating AoU, even though it had a smaller weekend, because of good WOM. Now I read fatigue all over the place. 

WoM hasn't changed since Monday. The HD release has. Fatigue would have showed before monday.

Sat and Sunday daily bump/decrease will show that.

People flip out when a superhero film  drops on its second weekend, Captain America: Civil War should still be a huge profit and make around $420 million domestic and well over a $1 billion worldwide. Other movies and more I"ll share about tomorrow when the weekend estimates arrive. Next weekend looks interesting though Neighbors 2 and Angry Birds should do fine but I'm curious about the debut of The Nice Guys.

• Like 2

Reading reactions of The BFG from Cannes. Outside of a few people calling it great the consensus is "It's nice, nothing special". It'll easily get overshadowed if Pets breaks out (and I'm not even including Dory's 3rd weekend).

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Reading reactions of The BFG from Cannes. Outside of a few people calling it great the consensus is "It's nice, nothing special". It'll easily get overshadowed if Pets breaks out (and I'm not even including Dory's 3rd weekend).

The BFG could just do between $15-20 million OW and make around $55-60 million domestic. Speilberg films are tough to predict at the box office to be honest though. 

• Like 1

If piracy and illegal downloading are affecting anything it's home video sales, not domestic box office. Movie-going is an activity and experience, a pastime. The consumer's first interaction with films is not attaining them for private repeated consumption. That's the immediate commercial advantage the film industry has over the music industry, where the consumer's first interaction is attaining the product, and then the live experience comes later when the act tours to promote the new record after it's release. That is why box office and concert touring revenue are both still huge while music and home video sales have plummeted in the download age.

• Like 1

AoU.                  IM3

Fri - $21,232,362
+146.5% / -74.9%
$256,887,830 / 8
$19,713,832
+159.1% / -71.4%
$232,134,916 / 8

Sat - $33,835,656
+59.4% / -40.1%
$290,723,486 / 9
$32,053,127
+62.6% / -48.5%
Sun - $22,678,911
-33% / -54.9%
$313,402,397 / 10
$20,758,656
-35.2% / -51.7%
$284,946,699 / 10

The daily piracy erosion will show in the numbers.

Money in your mouth time. Put up or ....

I will bet the first 2 people $30 fandango or BOT Donation/ to your $10 BOT donation that each daily % this FSS, is worse than AoU

Must be taken before rth or deadline or any other new Friday  report

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

The BFG could just do between $15-20 million OW and make around $55-60 million domestic. Speilberg films are tough to predict at the box office to be honest though. 

I wouldn't go that low but I can't see it over 100M now. A lot of people are saying it's very kiddy so that's going to leave a huge chunk of audience out.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Below 400m is impossible. It will be 104.5m away from 400m after a ~72m weekend taking it to 295.5m.

Just stop. It isn't missing 400 million. We know you're wanting the movie to fail, but it isn't going below 400 million.

• Like 2