WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

15 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Eurovision?! What the fuck is Eurovision? I've never heard of that. Safe to say that wouldn't affect anything since nobody has even heard of it.

You're right that it should not have much of an impact in the United States. It's a European music talent show that influenced American Idol. ABBA was discovered on Eurovision back in the 1970's. The show is very popular around the world and I would guess it will hurt the overseas box office today. 

8 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

Yeah, a Broadway show is going to influence the rankings of presidential scholars and the public in general...:jeb!:.

Dude, you need a little more awareness of what's going on in the world. XMRadio now has a Broadway tunes station which is basically all Hamilton songs, my 9 year old is singing a Hamilton song at her talent show next week, it just set the all-time record for Tony wins. Also, Jack Lew basically said the show is the reason Tubman is going on the $20 instead of the $10.

4 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

So when Neighbors 2 underperforms next week will Chloe Moretz get the blame ? 

No. Chloe Grace Moretz being sexy is the only reason I would ever consider giving the movie a watch

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Sub-25M is pretty much locked for Neighbors next weekend, it's been dropping more than 50-60% from the first in a lot of countries. The question is, can The Nice Guys beat it?

I'll probably check them both out. The IMDB listing for Moretz's character's dad has me slightly more interested even if it's just a cameo. 

Edited by Rman823

1 hour ago, moviesRus said:

Is Neighbors 2 doing well in any of its overseas territories?

No. About a 50% drop from the first one.  

Although Eurovision is over by that weekend. 

I saw "A Bigger Splash." The cinematography and locations are gorgeous (it's like taking a vacation to some Italian paradise), it's all very lush and sexy and Ralph Finnes and especially Tilda Swinton are great to watch but...I didn't get it. The characters, their motivations...it all kind of flew over my head :(

It won't do well when it expands. 

update http://deadline.com/2016/05/captain-america-money-monsterthe-darkness-box-office-weekend-1201755869/

Disney/Marvel‘s Captain America: Civil War rose about 67% on Saturday to bring in about $32.6M to $32.8M which gives us a new three-day estimate tonight of roughly $73.7M. That means in its second weekend, it will have dropped around 59%, right in line with other big tentpoles

There were only two new offerings for moviegoers this weekend. The first was the Jodie Foster-directed newcomer Money Monster which enjoyed a 25% increase tonight to cash in with $6.1M which means that its new three-day estimate for this adult demo drama rises to $14.6M to $14.9M for Sony.

Edited by La Binoche
  • Like 3