WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

The short story is that some people blamed the high quality copy that got leaked for the cause in drop.

The swashbucklers won, while liberty and justice loses.

You mean TWO posters, BKB & No Prisioners. Then the forum spent two days beating the joke to death.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

The short story is that some people blamed the high quality copy that got leaked for the cause in drop.

The swashbucklers won, while liberty and justice loses.

That's one weird coping mechanism.

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

You mean TWO posters, BKB & No Prisioners. Then the forum spent two days beating the joke to death.

That's what we do in this forum, we generalize and then we beat jokes to death. :sadben:(included)

• Like 7

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

It has a 80M budget, regardless of whether it stalls at 300M WW or outperforms and does 600M WW, it is still a tidy profit for everyone involved. If it spawns a franchise, really good for them else everyone walks away with good money made.

They have spent a TON on ads, it looks like it will be "profitable" but it's clear (outside of HV spin offs which could be a route) there is nothing more there.

My area still has 11 showings a day for Deadpool.

Even more surprising there are still four showings a day for TFA,including two in 3D.

Not really big news or anything, but I love watching the numbers for these two wind down with good averages per screen.

• Like 1

I truly think piracy will affect this more than it has for any movie thus far.  We are at the peak of accessible piracy.  You do not even have to download.  Just click and watch.  There are so many lazy, impassioned, broke and depressed people in America.  Perhaps one will see it once, and then do repeat viewings with free HD-online.  

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Like 1

EVERY SINGLE BIG MOVIE IS PIRATED THE MOMENT THEY ARE RELEASED. Jeeze it's like you guys are trying to make me mad. There were DVD quality rips of JW, TFA on torrent sites literally before they were released in NA. How many times do I have to say it? I feel like I'm getting leveled.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

I truly think piracy will affect this more than it has for any movie thus far.  We are at the peak of accessible piracy.  You do not even have to download.  Just click and watch.  There are so many lazy, impassioned, broke and depressed people in America.  Perhaps one will see it once, and then do repeat viewings with free HD-online.  Previously, they would have spent over 50 dollars with the first Avengers.  This pirated movie probably has the highest pirated word of mouth.  I believe their are large communities in populated areas in America where the HD-rip is being recommended and discussed.  However, a good portion of these people might never pay for a movie so you should take that into account.  Regardless, there is damage and long term damage from less repeat viewings. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Don't confuse something that is empirically likely with a mathematical certainty. 

It is so far beyond a mathematical certainty that Thomas Andrews is about to rise from the dead to tell you himself.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Nice Guys is currently surpassing Neighbors in ads aired and it's the highest rated movie coming out next weekend. Money Monster was able to do 15M with less promotion and mixed reviews.

How lame of a title is "The Nice Guys?" Seriously...