WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

"Captain Pirate: Piracy War - 72.5M"

That's an interesting name choice for a Gokaiger movie.  I didn't even know there was a Gokaiger movie released this weekend.  But shouldn't it be "Captain Marvelous: Piracy War" and not "Captain Pirate?" :D

But really, Disney makes billions off not just from the movie itself, but the merchandise from it too.  They will be fine of course.  Around here, you'd think a movie's box office take is the one and only way to profitability for Disney.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outrageous! said:

"Captain Pirate: Piracy War - 72.5M"

That's an interesting name choice for a Gokaiger movie.  I didn't even know there was a Gokaiger movie released this weekend.  But shouldn't it be "Captain Marvelous: Piracy War" and not "Captain Pirate?" :D

But really, Disney makes billions off not just from the movie itself, but the merchandise from it too.  They will be fine of course.  Around here, you'd think a movie's box office take is the one and only way to profitability for Disney.

I like this reference :jeb!:

3 hours ago, department store basement said:

Hardcore Henry closed on the 12th.

It's the first film ever to make more than 5m in its opening weekend and not make more than 10m total.

Wow this made me LOL. Did anyone catch this film? I really wanted to see it but it came out amidst my move, I've been occupied with home improvement and business chores for the past two months basically. I only finally saw BVS just a few days ago! Then caught Civil War the night after. Thanks to the pretty bad word of mouth, BVS was actually better than I expected. Not hard to do. Deeply flawed movie, totally humorless, and at times flat-out boring actually, especially the first half. But in its best moments, it had something to offer, and it wasn't by any means a bad film. It was just kind of forgettable for such a big event film. I loved Civil War, it was better than the trailers by far, which were fine but not remarkable. It definitely felt like Avengers 2.5, but I'm not sure if audiences really understand that. It's definitely an Avengers film since the plot is directly centered around the Avengers! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Wow this made me LOL. Did anyone catch this film? I really wanted to see it but it came out amidst my move, I've been occupied with home improvement and business chores for the past two months basically. I only finally saw BVS just a few days ago! Then caught Civil War the night after. Thanks to the pretty bad word of mouth, BVS was actually better than I expected. Not hard to do. Deeply flawed movie, totally humorless, and at times flat-out boring actually, especially the first half. But in its best moments, it had something to offer, and it wasn't by any means a bad film. It was just kind of forgettable for such a big event film. I loved Civil War, it was better than the trailers by far, which were fine but not remarkable. It definitely felt like Avengers 2.5, but I'm not sure if audiences really understand that. It's definitely an Avengers film since the plot is directly centered around the Avengers! 

Hardcore Henry was surprisingly enjoyable and it didn't make me pass out

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ThiagoMaia said:

The funny part is that they're all Disney...

Disney wins no matter what... very well could touch $3.5 billion DOM this year if everything performs to expectations and some of their remaining films exceed expectations. 

Cap 3 is performing great but oddly enough WOM among my friends is very good as opposed to great.

They loved the movie but didnt like what happened with Stark.

I'm not sure they expected the movie to end so dark. Honestly, that scene with Cap telling Stark that he knew what happened to his dad was heart wrenching.

Personally, I loved the movie and intend to see it at least two times more.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, somebody85 said:

lol Piracy War. Don't give Disney any ideas for POTC....but they kind of already did that with AWE.

MCU POTC Shared Universe

• Like 1

Is the number of people buying premium tickets steadily increasing? Cause that will make Memorial Day Weekend drops interesting.

AOU fell 44.2%/27.4% and IM3 fell 46%/31%. CW is loosing premium screens to X:A and Alice.

IM3 had more competition (FF6 - 97, Hangover 3 - 41) than AOU (Tomorrowland - 33).

X:A and Alice's 3-day OWs could combined be stronger than FF6+H3.

Edited by a2knet

We, Canadians that is, have our 4 Day weekend coming up this weekend as well. That's the great thing about releasing your films in May is that you get two big holiday weekends. obviously ours has an effect on the box office to a much lesser extent than the American holiday but the drops are usually a little bit less on Sunday and Monday definitely has better holds as well.

11 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I don't know about that, seems it shows that event films are getting ever more front loaded.

He was talking about Mother' Day doing great last weekend I think :)

Though then that wasn't a fluke either. We know it did great last week cause it was MD on MD Sunday.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1