The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

5 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

These things actually happened? :sadben:

Actually, I'm wrong. I misremembered. MOS was merely in the top 10. Here are the top five for the last few years:

2012:
1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. Skyfall
3. Django Unchained
4. Argo
5. Life Of Pi

2013:

1. Gravity

2. Frozen

3. Catching Fire

4. Pacific Rim

5. The Wolf of Wall Street

2014:

1. Interstellar

2. Boyhood

3. The Grand Budapest Hotel

4. Whiplash

5. X-Men: Days of Future Past

2015:

1. Mad Max: Fury Road

2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens

3. Inside Out

4. Creed

5. Room

• Like 4

TDKR was number one for 2012! !!!!  What kind of fucker is that. I must've erased that from memory. There were at least 50 films better than that film in 2012.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

TDKR was number one for 2012! !!!!  What kind of fucker is that. I must've erased that from memory. There were at least 50 films better than that film in 2012.

It also made the Top 100 list last time we did this. Never underestimate this forum's Nolan boner.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Following up on this: there's a Dark Side version of this in CABARET... fantastic, truly chilling -- the "Tomorrow Belongs to Me" song.

Not sure if I'm ready for a full-blown musical movie though, I tend not to like them.

Is it in the same style as Chicago?

cabaret keeps the songs and the actual plot pretty seperate. you could probably fast forward the numbers and still get the gist (though I wouldn't recommend it since the numbers are the best part, you'd miss pretty much all of joel grey's incredible performance.)

• Like 2

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Cabaret gets my vote for best movie musical, period. I have a couple of big ones I still haven't seen, but even then it'd take them a lot to beat it.

I don't think I'm a huge fan of it overall -- honestly, though, I should probably see it again -- but it has some fantastic moments and sequences, no question.

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Cabaret gets my vote for best movie musical, period. I have a couple of big ones I still haven't seen, but even then it'd take them a lot to beat it.

umbrellas of cherbourg is probably my favourite. another movie i of course forgot to put on my list.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

whenever i watch an old movie and see a hot chick i'm like "nice" but then i'm like "oh wait ew they're either super old or dead rn" so that's a major issue. so all of the = 5/10.

me with ferris bueller's day off or any of the james bond movies with daniel craig