The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

21 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Thank you :).

Se7en and Toy Story 2 should've been #1 and #2 respectively. And Rear Window and Alien not in the top 20 is sacrilege.

Just wanted to get my ego stroking out of the way :).

I can't remember and don't have my laptop with me to check, so did you send in a list?  

On 5/21/2016 at 10:14 PM, The Panda said:

Number 52

Ratatouille (2007)

44 Points (18 Votes, Avg Score 44.7222)

ratatouille.10390.jpg

" If you focus on what you left behind you will never see what lies ahead!"

Top 5 Placements: 1 Placement

Top 10 Placements: 1 Placement

Changes in Rankings Over Time: 2014 (31, -21), 2013 (62, +10), 2012 (51, -1)

Tomatometer: 96%

Box Office: 206.45m (257.46m Adjusted)

Most Notable Awards Recognition: Won 1 Oscar

IMDb Synopsis: A rat named Remy dreams of becoming a great French chef despite his family's wishes and the obvious problem of being a rat in a decidedly rodent-phobic profession. When fate places Remy in the sewers of Paris, he finds himself ideally situated beneath a restaurant made famous by his culinary hero, Auguste Gusteau. Despite the apparent dangers of being an unlikely - and certainly unwanted - visitor in the kitchen of a fine French restaurant, Remy's passion for cooking soon sets into motion a hilarious and exciting rat race that turns the culinary world of Paris upside down. 

Critic Opinion: "Thus, tolerance is the driving theme underpinning Ratatouille, another winning animated adventure from the good folks at Pixar. Not only funny, engaging and entertaining from beginning to end, but a picture which delivers an abundance of heartwarming messages.

That rare film which can be heartily recommended for the whole family, except maybe for those tykes who might be scared by its super-realistic depiction of rodents." - Kam Williams

User Opinion: "It's beautiful. I loved this magnificent ass movie." - angeldelmito

Personal Comment: Pixar comes in with their second movie on our countdown, and also the fourth animated movie so far.  Ratatouille also marks the 10th movie from the 2000s decade on our countdown, tying the decade with the 80s for the second most amount of movies on our countdown so far.  Ratatouille was one of Pixar's smaller films, and usually not as well remembered as the massive hits like Finding Nemo or Toy Story 3, but the film has garnered a strong fanbase, especially on the internet.  Ratatouille is also Brad Bird's first film to make the countdown, Bird being best known for his strong animated works and hit-or-miss record for live action.  Ratatouille is an intelligent and clean animation that is very hard to not at the very least admire.

tumblr_o7figz6Ccn1tm1x8po1_400.jpg

:rofl:

• Like 5

When @The Panda is finished his ridiculridiculously awesome countdown, ill be starting "baumer decade of decadence....the 50 best films if the last ten years" in the Speakeasy.

I hope a lot of you check it out and I'm pretty sure there will be some WTF films on the list and there will be some films that you guys love also. Unfortunately there will not be too many Pixar films although there might be some LOL

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

When @The Panda is finished his ridiculridiculously awesome countdown, ill be starting "baumer decade of decadence....the 50 best films if the last ten years" in the Speakeasy.

I hope a lot of you check it out and I'm pretty sure there will be some WTF films on the list and there will be some films that you guys love also. Unfortunately there will not be too many Pixar films although there might be some LOL

List overload lol.

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I eagerly await your placement of TDK in the top 5

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baumer said:

TFA is so close to being the best Star Wars film.  For me it's right up there with Empire.  And when I give it a few years to settle in, it might make my top 10 films of all time.  It's that good, imo.

Nice false story. Please TFA is like 4th or 5th right now in Star Wars films. Not better than ANH, ESB, ROTS and probably on par with ROTJ but best of all time. Hell no. It was nothing but a recycle of ANH and ESB but done worse.

Edited by mldardy

11 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I might have to Tele-splain my way to a "Tele's Top 100 Lesser Known or Weird Movies You Should See" :P 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mldardy said:

Nice false story. Please TFA is like 4th or 5th right now in Star Wars films. Not better than ANH, ESB, ROTS and probably on par with ROTJ but best of all time. Hell no. It was nothing but a recycle of ANH and ESB but done worse.

RotS is the worst Star Wars movie. Just saying

12 hours ago, Baumer said:

TFA is so close to being the best Star Wars film.  For me it's right up there with Empire.  And when I give it a few years to settle in, it might make my top 10 films of all time.  It's that good, imo.

Glad over time your opinion seems to be more in the minority. It's not even close to the best IMO.

15 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I might have to Tele-splain my way to a "Tele's Top 100 Lesser Known or Weird Movies You Should See" :P 

I'll be there to recognize every one of them and nod smugly at all the plebs

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

And then lisa will put you to shame

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

List overload lol.

Thats the great thing about a forum. No one forces u to read or participate in anything.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrPink said:

:sadben:

All I know is Nolan

You have learned to bury your guilt with anger. I will teach you to confront it, and to face the truth. You know how to watch six films. We can teach you how to engage with six hundred.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

You have learned to bury your guilt with anger. I will teach you to confront it, and to face the truth. You know how to watch six films. We can teach you how to engage with six hundred.

giphy.gif

Oh wait. Wrong movie.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mldardy said:

Nice false story. P80sease TFA is like 4th or 5t.h right now in Star Wars films. Not better than ANH, ESB, ROTS and probably on par with ROTJ but best of all time. Hell no. It was nothing but a recycle of ANH and ESB but done worse.

Interesting.

I love every SW film. Every one of them is a 8.5  and above. I just love what they did with TFA. Made me all emotional.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Interesting.

I love every SW film. Every one of them is a 8.5  and above. I just love what they did with TFA. Made me all emotional.

When a movie hits you in the feels, your love for a movie becomes a bit irrational but all the more human.

That s why I adore Civil War for example.

• Like 2